Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/)
-   -   Anybody had this car and not had any problems? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/anybody-had-car-not-had-any-problems-15423/)

whiteclaw 07-28-2011 04:08 PM

Anybody had this car and not had any problems?

Mortified by what I am reading, and here I was all excited about perhaps getting myself one.

I am from the UK, and the MPG they state is nowhere near what people appear to be posting. And the number of issues I am reading. I know all cars have their issues, but so many about the car just dying on them.

Someone put my mind at ease, I really want one of these. Not too fussed about MPG since my current Rav only does, what, 32 MPG. And I would be getting the cruiser converted to an LPG.

Someone please, put me at ease.

CHRYSLER TECH 07-28-2011 04:14 PM

2 things anything u read on a blog will be people with issues that is why they are here.
Second having so may issues posted on a blog is better then not having any on there and u are in the dark about what to look for.

the more a certain kinda car is sold the more issues there will be present. 1 million cars sold and 100k have issues then that's is a vary good ratio.

whiteclaw 07-28-2011 04:25 PM

A fair point.

Why are there so many different types of cruiser out there? I thought 1 or 2 editions perhaps, but I am reading so many, the convertible, the 2 door, the 4 door, letters after the name (not sure what that means. YET)

Still excited and partly put at ease. Cor blimey, second hand ones are pricey in some parts of the world.

buggieart 04-27-2012 03:16 PM

2-2002s

I have a 02 pt that i bought new with 4 miles on it. had timing belt,water pump and rad fan changed at 120000miles, a/c comp went out at 164000, rad fan went out again at 174000, oh yea didn't change spark plugs untill 176000:o. thought new fan went out again but found out it was the plug at the wire harness shorting out. cut out plug and straight wired fan works great now. oh yea i get 28mpg driving 86 miles a day to and from work also live on top of a mountian in east tn. car has 192000 on it now runs good even after hitting 8 point deer in dec and ins totaling car:(. new headlites,new windshield drive it till the wheels fall off.:) joined this site cause i just picked up another one for $400.:)

PL8S 04-30-2012 06:24 AM

2007 Basic 4 door

After driving my 4-door basic PT Cruiser I may say that experience was mainly satisfactory, with one exception - the A/C stopped working while engine is in idle mode (parking and stop light) right after bumper-to-bumper warranty had expired.

buggieart 05-01-2012 01:50 PM

a/c problem

Check your low speed part of the rad colling fan. thats what was wrong with mine the fist time the a/c quit working.