Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

No Air Flow threw Vents only threw defrost..Help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Default No Air Flow threw Vents only threw defrost..Help please

2006 Pt Cruiser- The air comes out of the defrost vents an nothing comes out the vents on any setting the dials are rough to turn, i am thinking it may be the blend door actuator however i don't have a clue how to get to it other then tare the dash apart...Any idea's...

Old 07-05-2017, 11:51 AM

The default condition for when the body computer senses a failure is "Defrost". There is a failure in the system that the computer has sensed. Do not tear apart your car assuming that it is one thing when it could be several other things. You will need a very sophisticated code reader to drill down into the system to find the fault codes for the HVAC. The usual parts store code reader can't get that far into the system. A trip to the dealer may be necessary. One possible point of failure could be the control head on the dash which you report as being "rough" to turn. It may be cheaper to replace that than to pay the dealer to run the diagnostics. If it were me, I'd start with replacing the controls to see if that works

Old 07-08-2017, 02:33 AM
Default Reply

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
The default condition for when the body computer senses a failure is "Defrost". There is a failure in the system that the computer has sensed. Do not tear apart your car assuming that it is one thing when it could be several other things. You will need a very sophisticated code reader to drill down into the system to find the fault codes for the HVAC. The usual parts store code reader can't get that far into the system. A trip to the dealer may be necessary. One possible point of failure could be the control head on the dash which you report as being "rough" to turn. It may be cheaper to replace that than to pay the dealer to run the diagnostics. If it were me, I'd start with replacing the controls to see if that works
Thank You
I will try that i appreciate your help..
Just figured i need to get this fixed before winter comes here...

Old 07-08-2017, 02:34 AM

Also im not sure if imdoing this rite im new to this.. Thank you for all you help though..
:0)