Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/)
-   -   Customizing PT's (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/customizing-pts-7604/)

Moparforlife 02-18-2009 01:16 AM

Customizing PT's

Whats some cool stuff to do to my 01 pt limited? I already did a K&N air intake and new silverstar ultra lights and fogs. i would like to do more to it. someone give me some ideas.

dcotter0579 02-18-2009 03:10 PM

Paint the brake calipers.

CTsPTGT 03-01-2009 03:47 PM

Customizing PTs

Depends, do you want appearance or performance mods - or both? If you like the "retro" look, the chrome grill strip kits and/or beltline kits - from PT Woody (or cheaper ones on eBay) - are easy to install and look great. And, apart from the pricey Mopar offerings, there are a bunch of reasonably-priced vinyl graphic kits (everything from flames and pinstripes to custom designs) for the car's sides, hood and/or fenders available online. And painting the calipers is good, too, if your wheels are open enough to see them after they're done. My car (an '05 GT) has all of the above, plus a lot more, and I am constantly getting "thumbs-up" from other drivers at stoplights. Also, you may want to join a local chapter of the PT Cruiser Club - lots of good ideas there. Good luck!

dcotter0579 03-02-2009 09:14 PM

HEY, CT, post up some pix of that Cruiser, it sounds cool.

CTsPTGT 03-03-2009 03:11 PM

PT Cruiser (mild custom) pics

Okay, I think I just created a small photo album in the Gallery area of this website.... it's not very user-friendly (hard to tell what you're doing there). Let me know if you find it, or not. Thanks.

dcotter0579 03-04-2009 02:58 PM

Found it. I like it, not garish, slightly understated. Looks good.

CTsPTGT 03-04-2009 06:30 PM

PT Customizing

Thanks, the car is shown at regional PT Club & Mopar Club car events, virtually all of which raise money for charities. Despite being new-car clean (top, bottom & inside) mild customs are seldom top finishers in such shows..... except maybe the smaller ones. For that reason, I welcome any/all comments on the car (you're always wondering what the judges think - and with cars, everybody's a judge).

xfire04 03-04-2009 06:50 PM

like the side pipes

CTsPTGT 03-05-2009 07:03 PM

Customizing PTs

Thanks, started out thinking about regular out-the-back dual exhausts and lowering the car, but with everybody's regular duals, the right-hand tailpipe had to pass under the PT's spare tire - so (if you had a flat) you had to drop the tailpipe to reach the spare.... not good. Glad I held off on lowering, too, once I installed the sidepipes, I just had enough ride height to get me over the speed bumps around town. First question I generally get about the sidepipes is, "do they work"? Yeah, they do, but a lot of PTs are carrying a pair of non-functional lake pipes, just for looks. Nothing wrong with looks, but I think looks and works s better.

xfire04 03-05-2009 07:15 PM

how is the sound what kind of mufflers or is it straight pipes