Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/)
-   -   I also have a few questions about the PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/i-also-have-few-questions-about-pt-cruiser-922/)

snoopycruiser 01-01-2006 09:53 PM

I also have a few questions about the PT Cruiser

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser Touring Edition, with about 3000 miles. Here are my questions:
1) Have there been any recalls on the 2005 Cruiser?
2) Do the Cruiser's have the Neon's undercarriage?
3) What are the common problem's of Cruiser's, if any?
4) On my model, what are the biggest rims that can be put on it without rubbing or any other trouble?
5) Does anybody know where to get (the biggest size that will fit right) black rally type wheels that will fit this Cruiser? Prefer non-universal but if so, please give all dimensions of the rims that will fit!
6) My Cruiser (at a light, totally still) decided to shake kinda like a wet dog, RPM's revved up (not real high) and had felt like it had died but did not....what was this? Has only happened once, foot ONLY on the brake!

I think this might be all my questions for now. Thanks in advance for any advice!

[IMG]local://upfiles/806/5606BF35C7F84912B4A1A203F15229A7.jpg[/IMG]

Midnight 85 01-07-2006 08:38 AM

RE: I also have a few questions about the PT Cruiser

Only one I can answer is recalls, which can be located at the top of CF...

NHTSA Campaign #: 04V481000
Manufacturer Campaign #: D45
Make: Chrysler
Model: Pt cruiser
Year: 2005
Component: Service brakes, hydraulic:antilock
Manufacturers Involved: Daimlerchrysler corporation
Begin Date Of Manufacturing: 08/10/2004
End Date Of Manufacturing: 09/03/2004
Recall Type: V
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 115
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 10/25/2004
Recall Initiator: Mfr
Manufacturer Responsible For Recall: Daimlerchrysler corporation
Date Report Received By ODI: 10/08/2004
Date Added To File: 10/12/2004
Regulation Part #:
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard #:
Defect Summary: Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 4-wheel antilock braking system (abs), 2.4l high output turbocharged engine, and 5-speed manual transaxle, may exhibit inadequate clearance between the left front brake tube and the transaxle housing.
Consequence Summary: Contact between the brake tube and the transaxle housing over an extended period of time may eventually lead to perforation of the brake tube, which could lead to a loss of braking force in the left front/right rear circuit of vehicle.
Corrective Action: Dealers will install revised brake tubes. the recall began october 25, 2004. owners should contact daimlerchrysler at 1-800-853-1403.

NHTSA Campaign #: 04V268000
Manufacturer Campaign #: D18
Make: Chrysler
Model: Pt cruiser
Year: 2005
Component: Steering:hydraulic power assist:hose, piping, and connections
Manufacturers Involved: Daimlerchrysler corporation
Begin Date Of Manufacturing: 01/17/2000
End Date Of Manufacturing: 04/26/2004
Recall Type: V
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 438391
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 09/20/2004
Recall Initiator: Odi
Manufacturer Responsible For Recall: Daimlerchrysler corporation
Date Report Received By ODI: 06/03/2004
Date Added To File: 06/03/2004
Regulation Part #:
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard #:
Defect Summary: On certain passenger vehicles equipped with 2.4l non-turbocharged engines and automatic transaxles, the power steering pressure hose may contact the automatic transaxle differential cover, potentially damaging the hose.
Consequence Summary: Power steering fluid leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in an underhood fire.
Corrective Action: Dealers will inspect and relocate, or replace as necessary, the power steering hose and confirm torque of the hose fastener at the steering gear end. the recall began on september 20, 2004. owners should contact daimlerchrysler at 1-800-853-1403.

ace 01-12-2006 02:32 PM

Well as far as rims you could check discount tire or call belle tire they usually help us out when we have quetions like that.
The most common problems with the pt right now that i haev seen has been in the rear suspension its the trac link not pricey and not all that often unless you live down a dirt road and hit a ton of bumps all the time. i also have an 05 pt conv i got like 8k on it and no problems yet.
Ans as far as the undercarriage if you mean same suspension no they dont the pts is better if you want my opinion.

and here is a bit of a spoiler for dealers for you when you price out plugs and wires check the price on the individual wires for some stupid reason they are like half the price of the 4 pack set.

For the shakeing at idle at stops i notice that when that happens its actually kicking on the cooling fan and that causes the problem not all the time but hey it could just be a coincidense as well.

hope i helped ya a bit

tom

ace 01-13-2006 03:06 PM

just found out we have done a few front lower control arm bushings as well not alot but a few compared to the amount of pt's on the road we have done few but hey just trying to let yall know

snoopycruiser 01-28-2006 10:26 PM

Thanx guys I have found out that as of yet there are NO recalls on the 05 PT . And thanx for the info on the plug wires, I WILL remember that. Don't understand why on somethings they do that, but hey makes more money for them. I hope my PT doesn't do the "dog-shake" again, but now I know it might do it again and will pay more attention to the exact feel of where it might be coming from. Our town tire shops suck around here, I have went to look at the options and there is only 3, NO chrome or black. I am looking for black rally style rims, and really don't have nowhere to go around here. Shipping is a rip off when it comes to buying online. So I am lost for now. But it will happen. "Snoopy-Cruiser";)

alini 04-03-2006 03:53 PM

The Cruiser and Neon do not share undercarriages. The front struts are the same and lower control arms, but the rear end is completely different, the Neon has a dual lower control arm setup and independent rear suspension, the Cruiser has solid axle.
The brake system is common though, so rotors and pads work I believe.