Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/)
-   -   new to forum, have questions (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/new-forum-have-questions-30856/)

idahored 06-22-2019 04:19 PM

new to forum, have questions

I haven't purchased a PT Cruiser yet, because I have questions that current members I'm sure may answer for me. Basically, what are the big differences from say a 2005 model and a 2010 model ? I've checked out all the various options, but I'm looking for input on how they ride comfort wise, handling, the reliability of the auto trans and also if the turbo makes a huge difference. Any pro/cons on these cars would be helpful in making my decision which model to buy. Thanks !

idahored 06-25-2019 11:38 AM

Humm, must need more info

Originally Posted by idahored (Post 110898)
I haven't purchased a PT Cruiser yet, because I have questions that current members I'm sure may answer for me. Basically, what are the big differences from say a 2005 model and a 2010 model ? I've checked out all the various options, but I'm looking for input on how they ride comfort wise, handling, the reliability of the auto trans and also if the turbo makes a huge difference. Any pro/cons on these cars would be helpful in making my decision which model to buy. Thanks !

Ok, never got any replies so I'll get more specific in what I have in mind. Looking for about a 2008 model, convertible, auto trans, turbo, with all the bells and whistles. After riding motorcycles for over 60 years, the doc said no more riding, so since I still want some wind in my hair, that is pretty much what I have in mind. I like the styling of the PT Cruiser, reminds me of some of the car styles from many years ago. So, any pro/con on what I have described ?
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id

REBEL59 06-26-2019 03:06 PM

Since nobody else is "stepping up to the plate" for you....
I hate to bash a MOPAR product, but you do realize that the PT is the same platform as the Neon. With ALL of it's "quirks" rolled in with a few electrical issues that the PT's are known for.
Yes they look nice to a certain age group of the market segment, but can be a maintenance heavy ride. IF you are having to leave the world of "TWO WHEELING" and particularly leaving from a H-D ride, this should not bother you much!

idahored 06-27-2019 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by REBEL59 (Post 110936)
Since nobody else is "stepping up to the plate" for you....
I hate to bash a MOPAR product, but you do realize that the PT is the same platform as the Neon. With ALL of it's "quirks" rolled in with a few electrical issues that the PT's are known for.
Yes they look nice to a certain age group of the market segment, but can be a maintenance heavy ride. IF you are having to leave the world of "TWO WHEELING" and particularly leaving from a H-D ride, this should not bother you much!

Humm, it doesn't seem by your post, that you are not an advocate of the PT Cruiser any longer, possibly an ex owner ? I've read many positive reviews about the PT, so I guess that are a few owners that are satisfied with their choice. I'm sure there are issues with most models of vehicles, but from your post, it sounds like the PT has more than the average. Look at most of the items on Amazon, and you will see many 5 star reviews, and then there will also be some 1 star reviews. Decisions, decisions :) Thanks for your input ! And yes, I ride a Harley Road King.
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id

REBEL59 06-27-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by idahored (Post 110955)
Humm, it doesn't seem by your post, that you are not an advocate of the PT Cruiser any longer, possibly an ex owner ? I've read many positive reviews about the PT, so I guess that are a few owners that are satisfied with their choice. I'm sure there are issues with most models of vehicles, but from your post, it sounds like the PT has more than the average. Look at most of the items on Amazon, and you will see many 5 star reviews, and then there will also be some 1 star reviews. Decisions, decisions :) Thanks for your input ! And yes, I ride a Harley Road King.
Idahored
Mtn Home, Id

No I don't have a PT, and yes I admit that I do like the looks of the full bodied type(not so fond of the convert). I have a late NEON, that's always needing something! Parts are CHEAP for it, but some tasks get rather involving...Much like a Harley! And yes there was a full dresser 1976 bicentennial edition FLH in my family at one time...always "tinkering" with that TOO! If you are a DIY'er that turbo 2.4 is a strong runner, but hard to work on space wise.
Good luck in what you decide to move in to, and sorry that you have to give up on two wheeling it...especially from a Harley!