Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/)
-   -   PT Cruiser Value (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/pt-cruiser-value-16765/)

acmectec2001 02-04-2012 09:46 PM

PT Cruiser Value

I have a chance to purchase a 2004 Limited turbo with 57,000 miles for $6500. It sounds like a good price to me. Im concerned about the reliability of these vehicles so I thought id ask PT owners. Is it worth it? Are these cars money pits or are the horror stories from the minority of owners? Would you say you have to do an average amount of repairs or is the cargo space made to carry a large tool box?
Thanks

whiteclaw 02-27-2012 03:06 PM

Hello. I was reluctant too, but always liked the look of the car. I got mine recently, they are dead cheap in the UK.

Got mine for £800

$1 267.6

It is a wonderful drive.

70,000 miles on the clock, 2001 model.

PL8S 04-30-2012 07:00 AM

Canadian Black Book

Originally Posted by acmectec2001 (Post 58461)
I have a chance to purchase a 2004 Limited turbo with 57,000 miles for $6500. It sounds like a good price to me. Im concerned about the reliability of these vehicles so I thought id ask PT owners. Is it worth it? Are these cars money pits or are the horror stories from the minority of owners? Would you say you have to do an average amount of repairs or is the cargo space made to carry a large tool box?
Thanks

I have run your data through Canadian Black Book, suggested trade-in price for your car in Canada would be in a range of $4,780 - $5,680.

As for cargo space - it's not huge. After I fold the rear sits and align the back shelf with the sit level (it has three or four positions available I believe), it makes 3 1/2' by 4 1/2' approx. cargo space. It was quite enough for me to carry all the equipment needed for a freelance cameraman. In fact my cargo space has been an object of envy for some of my fellow cameramen.

For elongated objects I fold the passenger sit in the front as well, and it makes one long flat cargo space about 8' in length. That's enough room for cross country skies or 8' lumber pieces.

andykeigh 08-18-2012 06:46 AM

Its difficult to predict the car condition without seeing it. Because it entirely depends on maintenance of the vehicle. But You should consider raising budget a bit and then seeing out a new one. Used cars have lots of issues usually.

carol123 10-09-2012 05:49 AM

Any advice on the stipulations regarding trade in value? 06' PT cruiser?
I have a 2006 PT cruiser, owned for 10 months now. I want to trade it in. I still owe 9.3K on it any recommendations? Or, I may just keep it until its paid down a bit more.

Thank You

LucianaHardin 11-02-2012 05:21 AM

I was reluctant too, but always liked the look of the car.

devid67 11-30-2012 04:04 AM

Will the discontinuation of the PT Cruiser have an effect on trade-in values or cost of parts and labor?
I own a 2003 PT Cruiser that I payed off in November. I want to keep it a few more years at least, but will the fact that it's a discontinued model have an effect on the trade-in value? I wonder if parts will be harder to find and more expensive?

PL8S 04-26-2013 10:07 PM

Trade value?

Originally Posted by devid67 (Post 66460)
Will the discontinuation of the PT Cruiser have an effect on trade-in values or cost of parts and labor?
I own a 2003 PT Cruiser that I payed off in November. I want to keep it a few more years at least, but will the fact that it's a discontinued model have an effect on the trade-in value? I wonder if parts will be harder to find and more expensive?

I believe at this point the 2003 has no trade in value in practical terms. It's just easier to drive it to the ground. I have the 2007 one. The black book suggest anything between 4 and 5 thousand dollars. In reality a dealer offered me $2,000 tops as a trade in. Still driving it.

dominicm2 01-27-2014 04:21 PM

I love my 2006 PT I have had some problems recently but no big deal, I get a lot of looks. It is Cream Vanilla. I took a hair blower and took of all the dealer stickers and even the (Chrome) (Plastic) letters and such. I then got a set of chrome full Moon Hubcaps on the net that are made for PT 15 in wheels. The car looks pretty sharp and I get a lot of comments. The caps were $89 including shipping

dominicm2 01-27-2014 04:23 PM

I forgot to add that the reason I got the Chrome caps in that the PT wheel covers are crap as they keep breaking. The new full moons make a diff