Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after disconnecting the battery. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Default Problems after disconnecting the battery. Please help.

I disconnected the battery to clean the battery terminals and now my turn signals are not working and worse my dash goes blank and gauges go bad when I turn the turn sigal on and when I turn the turn signal off the dash looks like it resets like when you first start the car. I think maybe I shorted something out or hopefully it will reset after running the car or something. Any ideas but please don't tell me I fried the computer module. Frustrating! Help!

Thanks,
David

Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Problems after disconnecting the battery. Please help.

Just tried resetting my tripometer and it reset my gauges. The turn signals are still not working. Inside the van the turn signal lights are dim but getting nothing outside. Forgot to say I cleaned the terminals using baking soda and water. Maybe got water somewhere and shorted something out. Hopefully will dry out and start working. Any suggestions?

Old 09-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Default RE: Problems after disconnecting the battery. Please help.

I fixed the problem this afternoon. To get the gauges reset I turned the key to on and held down the tripometer reset button until the instrument panel started its test. When it finished it reset everything and zeroed the gauges. To correct the turn signals and hazard lights I just reset the computer by unplugging the battery again and waiting 5 min before reconnecting. This corrected all issues. You will have to drive the car about 150 miles after you disconnect the battery so the computer can reinitialize everything and collect data for the emissions to work. Very happy. Good luck with yours.