Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   06 T&C touring gas gauge/fuel sensor problem (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/06-t-c-touring-gas-gauge-fuel-sensor-problem-2435/)

kb 01-17-2007 11:47 PM

06 T&C touring gas gauge/fuel sensor problem

We purchased a new 06 t&c touring model in may, approximately 3 months in to our ownership we started having an intermittent problem w/the gas gauge, here’s a description of the problem including what leads up to the problem occurring, we’ll fill the van up w/a full tank of gas, after driving approximately 30 miles the gauge will go from almost full to empty, the overhead digital read out will quickly count down to zero, our low fuel indicator will go on, and the malfunction indicator light will also go on. On one occasion the gauge intermittently went up and down for hours. However this is rare, it usually only lasts for a few minutes. I’m fed up with the service at our dealership, we’ve had them look at the van 2 times while the problem was occurring, it's hard getting it in there considering it usually only lasts for a few mins. The dealership is telling us that this is a software issue, however as of yesterday they’re still waiting forthis supposed “software” update from the mfg. I'MSO FED UP!!!!We're going to start the process to have the car deemed a lemon.[:@]

has anyone heard of this problem????????

CHRYSLER TECH 01-18-2007 01:50 AM

RE: 06 T&C touring gas gauge/fuel sensor problem

ok buddy check this out it came out today its a software update for your year van if u fall into the build date listed below I can either run the vin and find out for u or u can call the dealer back up and have them check it for u.
NUMBER: 18-002-07
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: January 17, 2006

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 18-030-06, DATED
OCTOBER 26, 2006 WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL
REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE THE ADDITION
OF 2006 MODEL VEHICLES.
THE DRBIII® FLASH FILES FOR THIS BULLETIN ARE AVAILABLE ON
DealerCONNECT.
WHILE THE FILES ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM THE INTERNET FOR ALL
MARKETS, FOR MARKETS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA, THE
DRBIII® FLASH FILES AND REPROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS WILL ALSO BE
AVAILABLE ON ITIL/ISIS DVD APRIL, 2007.
SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination - P0461-FUEL LEVEL SENSOR #1 PERFORMANCE
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) with new software.
MODELS:
**2006** - 2007 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan (Includes International
Markets)
**2006** - 2007 (RG) Chrysler Voyager (International Markets)
NOTE: This bulletin applies to RS models built prior to October 2, 2006 with an R in
VIN position 11 (MDH 1002XX), October 9, 2006 with a B in VIN position 11
(MDH 1009XX), or RG models built prior to October 2, 2006 (MDH 1002XX)
equipped with a 3.3L or 3.8L engine (Sales Code EGA, or EGH)
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may experience MIL illumination with no other symptoms. This may
occur intermittently and be difficult to duplicate. When the technician evaluates the vehicle,
diagnosis may lead to incorrectly replacing the fuel pump/sending unit module.

kryslim 03-21-2007 01:59 PM

I presume your vehicle is a Stow N Go...no matter what it is, please change your vapor, canister...that should be your problem...

CHRYSLER TECH 03-21-2007 02:48 PM

KRYSLIM what are u talking about dude?? U are wanting some one to replace a part for a computer update?? do u even know what a vapor canister is or does?

kryslim 03-21-2007 11:17 PM

You are not the only Chrysler guy here...Chrysler Tech...

CHRYSLER TECH 03-22-2007 03:04 AM

then tell me what does a vapor, canister have nething to do with this mans prob?

ace 03-22-2007 10:44 PM

Well i know we have replaced alot of fuel pumps at our dealership we now have about 9 in stock at all times in case of a rush on them. Not sure if this helps at all but being its a new car you should not have to buy anything though