Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   '07 T&C 3.8 dies (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/07-t-c-3-8-dies-10700/)

jblueguy 02-02-2010 02:13 PM

'07 T&C 3.8 dies

Newbie. Thank you in advance. I have an '07 T&C touring with a 3.8l. My wife said she was driving along, minding her own business, and it died. She said the dash had no lights, and it just stalled. She coasted to the side of the road, restarted it and off to work she went. This is our baby-hauler, and Ohio winters can get cold. I cant have her getting stranded with the kids. Please help. Thanks

22chrysler 02-02-2010 02:58 PM

wont delete

jblueguy 02-12-2010 08:52 PM

well thanks for the smackdown. don't I feel welcomed. Is there a typical problem that results in these symptoms?

ultimateDIY 02-12-2010 09:50 PM

I'd take it to Advance or Autozone and have them pull the code. If you have a haynes manual you can probably do the key thing and make the engine light blink. That would be a start. Sounds like electrical though, like a loose ground wire.

Originally Posted by jblueguy (Post 34697)
well thanks for the smackdown. don't I feel welcomed. Is there a typical problem that results in these symptoms?

Jacob25crd 02-13-2010 03:48 AM

I agree with ultimateDIY. Getting the code is a good thing to start. You can get the error code yourself. It will display after you switch the contact on-and off (do not start) about 3 times in 5 secs. This will only tell you a 5 digit code, not even the time it happened, for other details you need a scan tool.

22chrysler 02-13-2010 07:40 AM

wont delete

Midnight 85 02-13-2010 09:47 AM

Badgering new members and sarcastic off topic posts will not be tolerated. I've had too many complaints. Sorry for the inconvenience, jblueguy.

jblueguy 02-13-2010 09:58 AM

I now have a little more information. My wife told me this morning that the van died again. She said that she bumped the key as the car was parked but running. She vaguely remembered that she may have bumped the key the first time this occurred. Chrysler22, you mentioned a key-bumping issue. Is there a common problem with the ignition assembly that you are aware of? Or anyone else? With about 57000 miles, the only work that has been done has been oil changes, tires and some warranty work done by a dealer. The point of that is, no one has been rooting around loosening ground wires--that I know of. Thanks all for your help.

CHRYSLER TECH 02-13-2010 06:48 PM

if it was a key issue u would see all the lights and gauges go dead like u would if u were to turn the key off then back on.

jblueguy 02-13-2010 10:53 PM

She noticed that the gas gauge showed empty although she knew it wasn't and the dash was dead. Another time the lights inside and out got brighter for a second then back to normal. Man I hate electrical problems.