Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   08 town and country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/08-town-country-18238/)

Csa1978 09-10-2012 10:17 PM

08 town and country

hi i have a 08 t&c im having issues with my ves system when i play a dvd it works fine then shuts off and comes back on a little later also does it while listening to the radio and cds it contains the sirius sateliite radio is the a common problem and any input on what the problem may be or how to try and fix it would be greatly appreciated thanks

ChryslerCares 09-14-2012 10:48 AM

Not knowing what type of radio / media center you may have in the vehicle I have included a few bulletins that may or may not help with the concern your experiencing.
Good luck on getting this issue resolved soon!

TSB 08-027-07

SUBJECT:
Flash: VES (Over Head Video Screen) Is Not Powering ON

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Video Entertainment
System (VES) with new software.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
VES (Over Head Video Screen) is not powering ON; but VES is active on the bus and is
responding to all the diagnostic commands with StarSCAN® or StarMOBILE.

TSB 08-006-09

SUBJECT:
Flash:RES Radio Clock Lockup and SDARS Reset

OVERVIEW:
This Bulletin involves flashing the Radio (RES) with new software.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience an intermittent lock up of the clock. No manual reset will be
possible thru setup or time button. Customers with (SDARS) my also lose Satellite preset channels after an over the air GCI update from Sirius.

TSB 08-010-08

SUBJECT:
Sirius Backseat TV Diagnostic Procedures

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin is being provided to aid in diagnosis of the Sirius Backseat TV system based on different symptoms as seen on the screen displays. All diagnostic tests should be performed outside in an open and “known good” Satellite TV reception area.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Refer to the diagnosis section of this bulletin for the appropriate symptoms list below:
· No backseat audio and video is playing properly
· No backseat video (black screen) and audio is playing properly
· No backseat video (black screen) and audio is not playing
· Blue Sirius backseat TV tuning box displayed with buffer bar empty. No change in
display, this logo is continuously displayed and does not change (No flicker, No
green flash, No reset occurs)
· Blue Sirius backseat TV tuning box displayed with buffer bar empty. Approximately
every 15 seconds a green flash occurs followed by a black screen and then the
Sirius backseat TV logo is displayed again
· Blue Sirius backseat TV tuning box displayed with full buffer bar. No change in
display, this logo is continuously displayed and does not change. (No flicker, No
green flash, No reset occurs)
· Blue on full screen, display shows - SIRIUS BACKSEAT TV - TO SUBSCRIBE
CALL 888-539-SIRIUS (7474)

SXM_Help 09-25-2012 02:48 PM

Hi Csa1978 -

We are new to the site and would like to try to help you with your issue with your radio. Send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com with your contact info, and we'll reach out to you today.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team