Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never purchase Chrysler Town & Country!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Thumbs down Never purchase Chrysler Town & Country!!

I purchased a brand new 2010 Chrysler Town & Country from a dealership in southern CA at the beginning of 2011.Within a few months I began to have problems.

First, the brakes were recalled. Then one of the belts (brand new and never replaced) sheared off because the wrong size belt was originally installed. The doors stopped opening and closing periodically. The oxygen sensor went out within the first year.

We began having transmission problems during 2012. The gears don't change smoothly, they slam into gear. The tranny shudders and shakes in the transition of gears and when the weather is cold turning over the engine is like listening to cats die. The vehicle has been under warranty and serviced repeatedly.

I have been assured by 3 different service centers that the vehicle is functioning as designed. If this is the proper design, Chrysler is the most unethical auto corporation out there.

I will never own another Chrysler/Dodge vehicle. Spend the extra thousand or so dollars and get the Toyota or Honda vans!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Understand your angst. Looks like you bought a van made on a Monday. Trouble with your warning is there are thousands of Chrysler Corp minivan owners out the who have zero or very few problems with their vans. Toyota or Honda? Have you visited one of their forums lately?

"I will never own another Chrysler/Dodge vehicle" - Well I'm with you there but for entirely different reasoning.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM

I would have to agree with Katherine... I have owned 3 chryslers over the past 10 years... 2 town and country ( 99 and 06 )and 1 jeep GC.( 01 ).. serious problems with all while my 1994 gmc vandura cargo van ( 284500 miles ), my 1994 Gmc sonoma 2.2 truck ( 138000 miles ) my 1989 mazda b2000 truck ( 209000 miles ) and my sons 2002 F 150 at ( 143000 ) have been extremely dependable throughout.. all above have factory motors, burns no oil to speak of, but leak a little, and never had any major motor work at all. I bought all used when they were 3-6 years old.. my current 06 t and c i bought new and began burning oil at 48000 miles... and by 67000, the cat was burned out... replaced items include the egr valve, cat, radiator, alternator, brake rotors, water pump, o2 sensors and now, hoping to ease the oil consumption, the valve stem seals... ( verdict still out if this is gonna work )... I am also very done with chrysler products but stuck with this for a while longer due to finances...i take such care of my vehicles but no matter what i do to the chryslers, they let me down..

Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM

some people just don't have the luck they want or even think they are entitled to. I own 2007 T/C Touring and love it. it has little over 94k miles and runs perfect. For all manufacturers out there, you will have your few that will talk carp for what they have experienced and for the ones that have had bad rides, maybe you should just go and try your luck with another vehicle but to bad mouth one because of your situation isn't right. out of 100 cars made , there will be a few that will have unhappy owners.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 PM

Last edited by Raptor 07; 12-31-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hodges710
but to bad mouth one because of your situation isn't right.

It's always fascinating how some can be offended by an opinion about 2 tons of metal. It's unfortunate she had bad luck with her van but is Katherine's opinion really going to change anything? Chill.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 12-31-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
It's always fascinating how some can be offended by an opinion about 2 tons of metal. It's unfortunate she had bad luck with her van but is Katherine's opinion really going to change anything? Chill.
Oh hell, here we go with another person seeing something else in a post, I am completely chilled and relaxed just to add another point. This forum at times is like watching the wife's soap shows lol.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:37 PM

Well I wouldn't know. I don't watch soaps. Anyway, Happy New Year!

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-01-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Understand your angst. Looks like you bought a van made on a Monday. Trouble with your warning is there are thousands of Chrysler Corp minivan owners out the who have zero or very few problems with their vans. Toyota or Honda? Have you visited one of their forums lately?

"I will never own another Chrysler/Dodge vehicle" - Well I'm with you there but for entirely different reasoning.
- agreed anyone can get that one bad vehicle
- any country
- any manufacturer
- any product including cars

Process workers all hate Mondays,
:

Given that the song was really about 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer from San Diego, who on 29 January 1979, killed two adults and eight kids and a cop, giving an explanation she said """ I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day [The children] looked like a herd of cows standing around; it was really easy pickings."""

I'm sure Raptor 07 meant no offence it is a truism the world over that there are Monday products, its standard workplace banter in any language and any nations factories / shipbuilding / mining area's the world over - bloody hell another 5 days of this repetative $hite till I get on a day off !

Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Default I won't either

I agree any vehicle can have problems but my opinion is determined by how they handle those problems. So far I have found Chrysler Customer Service to be anything but cooperative. Mine is a minor problem but as I keep telling them I bought a $35,000 van and I'm not going to accept that it has a problem that can't be fixed. I've got less than 5,000 miles on my van and already, based on customer service, I'll never buy from Chrysler again.

Quick Reply: Never purchase Chrysler Town & Country!!