Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   1997 Town And Country LXI (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/1997-town-country-lxi-16751/)

sportsfandallas 02-03-2012 12:37 PM

1997 Town And Country LXI

Hello guys,

my wife says our van has a ghost,
when she hits bumps, the lights flicker and the door locks lock unlock and lock, I suspect, this might be a BCM issue, if this van has one, anyone know if this is common and what might be done to aleviate our "Ghost"

Raptor 07 02-03-2012 01:01 PM

Yes. It's mounted on the back of the fuse box under the dash. You have a loose connection. May be at the BCM or internal to it. Could be a number of other places like the fuse panels. Need to do a shake test on any accessible cables and see which duplicates the problem.

sportsfandallas 02-03-2012 01:25 PM

hmmm ok, so I just need to get under where the fuses are, like the turn signal relay and just see if there's some loose connections,
I got a work on the beast saturday coming up, gotta find out why the passenger heat won't blow hot, suspect the blend door actuator has gone out, gotta replace the turn signal relay flasher, cause sometimes they work sometimes they dont, then replace the air filter, sounds like a fun Saturday :)

thanks for the input!

Phil

woodthumb 02-03-2012 04:36 PM

i had a 97 lxi few years back ( wish i still had it... i want your seats ! ) my doors did the same thing and the problem was where the sliding door makes contact at closing... cant remember exactly , but the connection there was loose or worn somehow...look at that closely... both doors... most likely just one door not quite hitting the contact properly...i can almost see myself fixing this years ago, but just a little blurry how i did it... i sold that van in 04..

sportsfandallas 02-03-2012 04:42 PM

man, it's been a good van, seats are still non torn leather, all the seats, the headrest is falling... but I will definitely check that out, the wife has sold it to her relatives for a measly 1500$ but it's hers, so I am going to check it out this weekend, it has it's problems but for $1500 it's clean thanks for the tip

Raptor 07 02-04-2012 12:24 AM

Guess I should have asked. I had headlights on the brain. Was it interior lights flickering? If so, the contact pads on the door sills as woodthumb talked about makes a whole lot of sense. Sometimes the plunger switch on the sliding door or the front door frames get stuck. Work them in and out a dozen times while spraying the shafts with WD40.

sportsfandallas 02-06-2012 09:51 AM

Well, I didn't see anything unusual with the door switches, the plates look a little worn but it's magnetic shouldn't really matter should it?
I fixed the heat! it was a plug that connected to the actuators were slightly unplugged so heat is back!, turn signals still remain a mystery, the flasher works when I move it around a bit, it stops, when I push it back in works again, does it just need the tabs adjusted? probably not bad if the signals work....