Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2.8 CRD Fuel Filter (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2-8-crd-fuel-filter-23069/)

AlanC 10-08-2014 06:42 AM

2.8 CRD Fuel Filter

Does anybody know where the fuel filter is located on the 2.8 CRD and how do I replace it?

tfb 10-08-2014 01:32 PM

Front of the engine, access is best from underneath after you remove the drip tray.

Regards
Richard

AlanC 10-08-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by tfb (Post 83618)
Front of the engine, access is best from underneath after you remove the drip tray.

Thanks Richard. That's where I thought it was but I couldn't see it even from underneath.

darkcild101 10-12-2014 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by tfb (Post 83618)

Regards
Richard

Wow they sure do love making parts inaccessible at chrysler

AlanC 10-13-2014 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by darkcild101 (Post 83750)
Wow they sure do love making parts inaccessible at chrysler

Pretty much the same with any car these days. You should try changing a headlight bulb on my daughters Renault Scenic, or even finding the dipstick for the engine oil. Not to mention having to remove the front of my BMW 645 to replace a headlight ballast unit. :mad:

TimmyTim 10-13-2014 05:44 AM

Love the 645. What year is it on?

AlanC 10-13-2014 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TimmyTim (Post 83766)
Love the 645. What year is it on?

It 'was' a 2005 model. I bought it to replace my 2004 GV 2.5 because we decided we no longer needed a big car, big mistake. We took it on our annual trip to France, Spain and Italy but found it impractical on a long haul carrying enough luggage for two people to last five weeks. It turned out to be a huge money pit so after owning it for 6 months and spending over £1,000 on repairs I got rid of it and bought another GV. :)

I loved the power and it was a great looking car but it wasn't that comfortable on a long run and the iDrive was frustrating to use.

TimmyTim 10-13-2014 07:54 PM

I really don't think that you can get anywhere near the GV for touring! Space, comfort, ride... we will be taking our one to France and Italy next year for our vacation. Shame about the beamer! But if it doesn't do the job and costing cash! Then best get shot! I did the same with my Audi A6 3.2 32V monster.

AlanC 10-14-2014 06:14 AM

I should have explained the photograph was taken last October on the Italian entrance to the Mont Blanc Tunnel.
I love the Audi A6 too, especially with the V8, but these 'exotic' cars can be expensive to maintain. I could live with the MPG, I knew what to expect when I bought the car, but not the silly little problems that cost silly amounts of cash!.
Have a look at the photo's in my garage to see what was involved in fixing the front dipped beam in the nearside headlight. Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums - Garage Portal