Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Turn Signal problem,,,PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Default Turn Signal problem,,,PLEASE HELP!!

I have a 01 town and country that I just replaced the multifunction switch in because i did not have signals or hazards and guess what,,, I still dont! I have checked all the bulbs, fuses and yes I even replaced the BCM thinking that maybe it was the problem. I cleaned the battery terminals so there is no corrosion on the at all. I am not sure where to start next any help would be great, I just want to mention that all other lights work perfectly fine,

Last edited by dana.veen; 04-10-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 PM

If you have a trailer wire harness remove it. Any maintenance done just prior to this problem popping up?

Old 04-12-2017, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
If you have a trailer wire harness remove it. Any maintenance done just prior to this problem popping up?
there isn't a trailer wire harness, and yes I had to replace the fuel injector wire harness because all the insulation had melted and the wires became one solid mass of wire causing one the injectors to remain open and that's when the problem started

Old 05-02-2017, 06:28 PM

I once had an issue kinda like this on a T&C. Disconnected negative cable from battery, waited 10 minutes, then reconnected. No problems since. Not saying it will work for you, but might be worth a try.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by T&CBud
I once had an issue kinda like this on a T&C. Disconnected negative cable from battery, waited 10 minutes, then reconnected. No problems since. Not saying it will work for you, but might be worth a try.
I will definitely give it a try,, right now I will try anything, thank you for the tip I'll let you know if it works.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by dana.veen
I will definitely give it a try,, right now I will try anything, thank you for the tip I'll let you know if it works.
also just want to mention that the signal flash on the dash like they are working fine but they are not flashing on the outside of the vehicle and I have replace the relay as well and that did absolutely nothing.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by dana.veen
also just want to mention that the signal flash on the dash like they are working fine but they are not flashing on the outside of the vehicle and I have replace the relay as well and that did absolutely nothing.
Hmm. That says this isn't the usual turn signal problem. You've replaced the BCM, the part that makes the circuit flash including the indicators on the message center. You've changed the MF switch, the part that tells the BCM what you want it to do. BTW - What relay did you change? There's no relay in the turn sig circuit. Have you double checked the injector harness? Take a close look at the main disconnect connector between the engine bay and the cabin? You may have inadvertently damaged wiring there. My guess is either something in the circuit is loading it and preventing the "flashing" side of the circuit from working or you have an open wire. What to try?

Might try disconnecting each light assembly one at a time and see what effect it has. Nothing? Try the instrument cluster then the message center. You may have to check wire continuity from the BCM to each light assembly and from the MF switch to the BCM. Need wire diagrams? Send me an email address to send them to in a private message. How? Click Raptor 07 at left.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 05-03-2017 at 06:05 PM.