Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2001 Town and Country rough start then dies (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2001-town-country-rough-start-then-dies-17213/)

ukfan33 03-29-2012 08:49 PM

2001 Town and Country rough start then dies

I own a 2001 Town and Country with 134,000 miles on it. I thought it was driving fine, maybe felt a little hesitation at times, nothing major. I got in it this afternoon and it wouldn't start. It sounded like it was missing very bad. When it did start it would only run for a few seconds then cut back off. I finally got it started and drove it home, a 20 minute trip and I noticed some slight hesitation then as well. I got in it later to try it again, and it started dying again. It will start some, and some will not. But it won't go it dies even after it started. Could this possibly be a fuel filter? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, as I'm a single parent and need this vehicle to work for me so I can got to work!

CHRYSLER TECH 03-29-2012 09:36 PM

what are the codes in the computer?

ukfan33 03-29-2012 09:37 PM

There is no check engine light on so would there be codes?

ukfan33 03-30-2012 08:11 AM

This morning the van starts up just fine. I haven't tried to drive it anywhere, but backing up a little out of the parking spot and pulling forwards it is doing fine like it never had a problem. It did this same thing yesterday afternoon, I drove it home, then it started back up not wanting to start or starting then dying.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-30-2012 09:59 AM

yes codes will still be stored even if the light is not on

ukfan33 03-30-2012 08:17 PM

Ok How do I get the codes?

CHRYSLER TECH 03-30-2012 10:09 PM

key on off 3x then comes will come up where the miles are displayed

ukfan33 03-31-2012 05:40 PM

Ok I did that and it just shows done.0 Today I unlocked the van from the passenger door first, and it wouldn't start again. Unhooked the negative post from battery and let it set for 30 minutes and then it started. It did die and bog down a couple times, but now seems to be running fine. Also the abs, brake and traction off lights come on and will go off at odd times. Today after it wouldn't run the cruise light would flash on and off and I wasn't using the cruise.

Raptor 07 04-01-2012 01:56 AM

I can't verify this but I remember a post some time ago claiming a flashing cruise light means the system has lost it's speed reference signal. Looking at a wiring diagram it comes from the Transmission Control Module (TCM). I would bet the output speed sensor is the signal source. Don't see this relating to your stalling though. Shifting and speedometer problems are output sensor related. Are you seeing any of that?

ukfan33 04-01-2012 07:30 AM

When I first got the van the speedometer wasn't working, and we reset that thru the trip. It does have a little jerky shifting from first gear sometimes.