Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2002 Town and Country Fan problem (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2002-town-country-fan-problem-7819/)

300winchester 03-16-2009 07:08 AM

2002 Town and Country Fan problem

I have a 2002 Town and Country van, the front fan only works on high, any ideas, ? Thanks in advance
:rolleyes:

Rick99 03-16-2009 01:09 PM

If manual system-- blower resistor
If ATC-- blower control module

There's lots of info-- try a quick search.

GroceryGetter 03-22-2009 11:30 AM

Most def. blower resistor..I just replaced mine and everything works fine..Disconnect neg.(black) terminal on battery, empty glovebox push sides of glovebox in and glovebox swings down. The resistor is right in front of you..Disconnect the 2 harnesswires, then 2 screws and slide new one in, plug in and done. I got mine at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $14.00..Good Luck!!

300winchester 03-23-2009 06:45 AM

thanks

Thats what I needed, a good definition on where to fix, thanks much
MGM

GroceryGetter 03-23-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 300winchester (Post 26099)
Thats what I needed, a good definition on where to fix, thanks much
MGM

Anytime, Now If I could just figure out to get rid of that annoying humming noise when the fan is on high I would be :D!!

Philip

CHRYSLER TECH 03-23-2009 02:17 PM

drop the fan and get the trash that is inside there.

GroceryGetter 03-24-2009 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 26107)
drop the fan and get the trash that is inside there.

Mr. Keller,

Can you please tell me how to get access to the fan and clean the trash out...I tried taking the bottom of the blower motor housing off, but because of access restraints I stopped. Can you point in a different direction or some instructions for a simpler task..Thank you for your help!!:)

CHRYSLER TECH 03-25-2009 12:03 AM

what year fan do u have?

GroceryGetter 03-25-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 26185)
what year fan do u have?

Its a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX

CHRYSLER TECH 03-25-2009 10:38 PM

never mind live with the noise U haft to take out the dash and hvac housing to remove the blower.

Rick99 03-29-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 26227)
never mind live with the noise U haft to take out the dash and hvac housing to remove the blower.

This isn't true, although it is what the factory service manual says. I just changed out the blower on my '01. There are two alternative techniques to doing it without removing the dash.

If you look under the dash, you'll see a few screws around where the blower is-- remove these and the blower will drop out. The problem is that one of the screws is jammed up against the firewall so that you can't get a tool on it (or even see it).

One way to deal with this is to go under the hood and loosen the nuts that hold the HVAC unit to the firewall enough that you can pull the HVAC away from the firewall a little bit and access the hidden screw.

The other way and the way that I did it, is to remove the kick panel trim, roll the carpet back, then jam your fingers up behind the blower to locate (by touch) where the hidden screw is. When you've located it, mark that area of the insulation with a pen or marker. Now get your handy needle-nose pliers and rip away the insulation enough that you can get a socket on the rear screw-- I used a 1/4x3" extension, a 1/4" u-joint and the proper socket. Position the socket on the screw by feel and then remove the screw. You can remove the rest of the screws easily and drop out the blower. When you put it back together, you can try to put the hidden screw back in, but I didn't bother and have had no adverse consequences.

So this will let you do a job that's about 6 hours book time in 45 minutes, for the DIYer, saving you a ton of money and for Chrysler Tech, beating the book by 5 hours and making a ton of profit on the job. ;)