Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2003 T&C front heater blower stays on low, won't go up to high (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2003-t-c-front-heater-blower-stays-low-wont-go-up-high-7085/)

loral 12-15-2008 12:14 AM

2003 T&C front heater blower stays on low, won't go up to high

Tonight, it was 10 degrees when I came out to the car and when I turned on the heat to high and set the temps to 85, the heat didn't really blow well. When I started oving, the back heater went to high immediately and started blowing and warming the car. The front heater stayed on low, although it was turned up to high. I changed it from defrost to vents and still blew warm air on low.

I am trying to avoind the dealership if this is a simple fix. Any suggestions as to what part to buy.

Is it a simple fix?

Thanks
Lora

CHRYSLER TECH 12-15-2008 06:37 AM

RE: 2003 T&C front heater blower stays on low, won't go up to high

blower motor resistor.

loral 12-15-2008 07:02 AM

Is this an easy fix that me, a female with no car knowledge, can do?

CHRYSLER TECH 12-15-2008 08:54 PM

2 screws behind the glove box

Rick99 12-15-2008 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: loral

Is this an easy fix that me, a female with no car knowledge, can do?
We all have to start somewhere. Does you van have automatic temperature control (where you set the temperature you want digitally) or is it manual? The job is just as easy either way, but it affects whether you need a blower resistor or a "blower speed control module".

As far as the job goes, just empty your glove box, squeeze the sides together and let it hang all the way down (it will be upside down and you'll have access behind it. The thing you see with the electrical connectors and two screws holding it in is the resistor/speed control module. Unplug the connectors (you may have to slide a red slide on them over to the side then pinch the tab to release them, if they're that type), remove the screws and pull the old resistor/speed control out, put the new one in, plug in the connectors and you're good to go.

If it is a resistor, you should be able to get it at any parts place about $20), if it is the blower speed control module, you'll have to get it at the dealer parts desk (about $80).

loral 12-16-2008 12:39 PM

In my car, I set the temp and it's digital so I assume that would be automatic.

I called on place and they quoted 80 for the part. Is that correct?

Rick99 12-16-2008 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: loral

In my car, I set the temp and it's digital so I assume that would be automatic.

I called on place and they quoted 80 for the part. Is that correct?
You mean you called the dealer right? Only the dealer will have the part. Yes $80 sounds about right. It does sound like you have automatic temperature control you can always give the dealer the last 8 digits of your VIN and they can make sure you're getting the right part.

BTW I've had two of these things go on my wife's van in the last3 years each time the part had been redesigned.