Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2003 Voyager DVD replacement (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2003-voyager-dvd-replacement-2654/)

ctkell 03-01-2007 10:57 PM

2003 Voyager DVD replacement

I have a 2003 Chrysler Voyager which came with the Factory DVD system. My son shoved something into the player and it now only plays one DVD, an Elmo one. I would like to replace just the DVD player, it is a separate player mounted below the stereo, and have been told the factory screen would need to be replaced also. The van has a/v input jacks behind the passenger seats. Supposedly the output from the DVD player is some Chrysler specific cable, anybody know if this is true? I found a Audiovox DVD that supposedly fits the vehicle from Crutchfield and I don't want to order it and have it not work.
Thanks for your assistance.
Chuck

CHRYSLER TECH 03-02-2007 02:18 AM

RE: 2003 Voyager DVD replacement

na the parts department is who u need to talk to they have just a replacement dvd unit they can order for ya the screen can also be ordered it does not haft to br a package deal

ace 03-06-2007 01:43 AM

You can take it to a dealership and they can order an exchange unit for you.
The parts dept will just order a replacement unit by putting a "Z" in fron of the original number you have in your van usually only like 200 dollars or so not sure

ctkell 03-07-2007 05:04 AM

Thanks, I will try them out. I asked just in case I go there and they want some outrageous OEM price. I will post the price in case anyone is interested.

Chuck

P.S. I called, they want $487! I can buy a much better stereo from Crutchfield for that price.

ace 03-07-2007 11:24 PM

Is that complete install or just for the part. If its just the part thats BS i can tell you that for a fact. I know some dealers do not know that they can order a reman one by putting a Z in front of your part number. We do it all the time they only cost like 200 dollars maybe 300 tops at the most never saw one that much actually

Ok i just cheked and it could be 164 or 291 for the parts only. Install is easy just a couple of screws but they probably charge like 1 hour or at least a 1/2 so theat might be more

F150 03-08-2007 12:17 AM

I have a 2001 T&C Limitedwith the factory VHS system, AM/FM cassette, and a 4 disc cd player. I would like to put in a DVD player also. Can I replace the factoryCD player with a factory DVD player from a newer model and use that along with the VHS player ? Thanks in advance.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-08-2007 04:12 AM

no the screen with the vhs runs only of the vhs which is mounted in the floor board. The cables for the dvd is different. Plus the dvd screen is 6 in and the vhs is 4 inch

F150 03-08-2007 08:14 AM

Thanks, Guess I'll have to get a portable DVD player and use the aux. jacks

ctkell 04-16-2007 05:55 PM

I purchased a 6-disc dvd/cd player off of e-bay and now that player wont eject or play the dvd's. I must be cursed:) Anybody know how to get the discs out? Any tricks?

Thanks again,
Chuck