Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Resetting Average Fuel Economy Reading

Old 03-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Default Resetting Average Fuel Economy Reading

[8D]I have a 2008 Town and Country Touring. It does not have the EVIC but does have the Premium Instrument Cluster. I do not seem to be able to reset the Average Fuel Economy Reading on the display panel that also shows the compass, temperature, distance to empty, elapsed time and park assist status. The user manual is very unclear how to reset it.

I don't have the EVIC steering column control, only the two sticks on the display, one for the left hand one under the speedometer and the right hand one under the tachometer. I can reset the trip odometer just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Resetting Average Fuel Economy Reading

I believe you just push and hold the reset stick while you are on that particular display.
I think that is how I did it the other day, and saw it reset.
If that does not work, then I don't think we can reset it.

*******UPDATE*******
I just read the owners manual and this is how you do it. Push and hold the stick.

Thanks and see you out there,
Loki Sunrider

Old 03-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Default RE: Resetting Average Fuel Economy Reading

Thank you for the effort you put forth to help me out. I appreciate it. For whatever reason, when I push it it does not clear. It cycles throught the menu just fine and I can clear other options on that stick, so I'm thinking that, as you said, we may not be able to reset it. I guess I'll have to ask the dealer about it when I go for my first service. If I find anything new I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks Again!