Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2005 Climate not blowing hot (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2005-climate-not-blowing-hot-29726/)

Taronga76 07-28-2018 03:58 PM

2005 Climate not blowing hot

Hi all,

Currently have an issue with my 2005 3.3 Chrysler Grand Voyager (Town and Country) not blowing hot air and only blowing cold A/C, this is from both the front and rear and both passenger and driver side.

I have so far checked the following

Car heating up - Needle is just below the midpoint so is reaching the right temperature
Pipe Check -Both pipes heading into the firewall from the engine bay to the heater core are both getting hot
Listening to Actuators - Can hear the actuator changing between face vent and windscreen vent, can't hear one changing between hot and cold though

Given the above I am leading it to be a faulty actuator, I have a spare 2003 diesel voyager so will remove the 3 actuators from that and fit them into my 3.3, is there anything else I should check?

Thank-you

goggs 07-29-2018 03:57 PM

The Blower Module (resister to sum) seems to have alott to do with organising the system. I take it you have Dual Automatic air con with it in rear as well. Modules front and rear.

Taronga76 07-29-2018 04:10 PM

Yes I do.

I run the calibration/reset today and it is blowing warmer now, although it would appear that the coolant is mostly water now and very deteriated. I have only just brought this car, so will do a coolant flush and replace the radiator cap at the same time and see if that makes a difference.

When I run the calibration no errors came up so I know that the actuators are ok.

I think I will replace the thermostat at the same time, it appears to have been replaced at some point as the pipe clamp has been changed to a screw type one instead of the standard.

I will look into the resistor as well, thank you.

Taronga76 07-29-2018 04:17 PM

Sorry yes it is a dual zone with rear

Taronga76 08-14-2018 05:19 AM

So I ended up replacing the thermostat housing and the thermostat, I was running slightly low on coolant (well it was leaking from the thermostat housing). I now got hot air in the car, although there appears to be a slight difference between the rear heat and the front heat, I assume this is a blockage somewhere, so will run a couple of coolant flushes through at some point and get this sorted.

Thank-you for helping.

David Hershman 03-21-2019 05:43 PM

Heater solenoid

This vehicle is not heated via the coolant. This has a resistor heater element. .if you look where the hoses would normally go through the firewall, you will see a 1 X 2 resistor This most likely needs changed.

georgef 03-22-2019 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by David Hershman (Post 109859)
This vehicle is not heated via the coolant. This has a resistor heater element. .if you look where the hoses would normally go through the firewall, you will see a 1 X 2 resistor This most likely needs changed.

What vehicle are you talking about?

The 2005 3.3 Chrysler Grand Voyager (Town and Country) most certainly does use the coolant for heat.

John Jarman 03-14-2020 07:13 AM

I've just had the same problem and found the coolant empty!!! Refilled with just water and all ok, except I have to repair leak in rear heater area not yet pinpointed. The only indication while driving was no heat - engine was running normally, temp. was normal on the gauge, front heater core inlet and outlet hot and no overheating signs at all.
I won't look for the leaking bit as I intent to blank of the rear heat (and aircon later). I've had the car 12 years and never used the rear heating/AC and been meaning to do that for ages. Of course, the UK climate is moderate, without (usually!) extremes of temperature.
The "resistor heater element" mentioned above is for the fan speed control.

JJ.