Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2005 Town and Country - Power Door Locks - Driver Door good, others spotty (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2005-town-country-power-door-locks-driver-door-good-others-spotty-20624/)

MrSaratoga 10-14-2013 09:05 PM

2005 Town and Country - Power Door Locks - Driver Door good, others spotty

Hello:
Just bought a '05 T&C, literally yesterday. Discovered today that if I press Unlock button on remote, driver's door will unlock, passenger will lock, and SOMETIMES the driver's side slide door unlocks. Passenger slide door does NOT unlock. I have tried the fuse reset and battery disconnect/reconnect. No avail. Ideally driver, passenger and left slider will unlock but not the passenger slider.

If i lock/unlock repeated, the driver door ALWAYS works (as does the rear lift-gate lock - no issues). But the passenger door sometimes will not unlock OR it will try to unlock, but no dice. Passenger slider and Driver side slider locks will be unresponsive. If I let the vehicle sit for 5 minutes and try again, I am back to all but the Passenger slider unlocking. By sound of actuator it sounds like there is power to all the locks (at least they are trying), but not sure what to do..

Another clue - after unlocking car with remote control, both slider doors will cause the hazard light to blink if opened - will stop blinking if closed.

Have read about BCM reset, tripping the ICM (??) fuse and such. Am suspecting there is an issue with the passenger slider door wiring (pinched maybe? enough juice to try and unlock, but not enough to complete the job). Perhaps bad/faulty door lock actuator on passenger slider that ultimately confuses the computer into thinking there is an issue and then causes it to be wacky??

What kills me is, for $40/month extra I could have gotten extended warranty (from a Chrysler dealer no less). Though, naaaah - what could happen. Well, Karma is biting me in the butt full-on.

Any help, hints or links to other posts in this forum addressing same issues would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance Brothers and Sisters.
Regards,
Steve

MrSaratoga 10-17-2013 03:55 PM

Beuller, Beuller???

estrika 11-23-2013 06:08 PM

i had a similar problem with my old 2003 voyager, the passenger lock had a wire in bad condition, i repaired it and thumbs up, remove door cover, verify all wires with multimeter, for the slide doors do the same, in the floor there is the rail and the wires are inside the plastic protector, you remove the plug from the door, get a needle and pass it thru each wire, put multimeter in continuity and one goes to correspondent wire in plug and the other goes to the needle, do this for each wire, i am pretty sure you will find wires that are not giving continuity.

MrSaratoga 11-24-2013 04:22 PM

Hello! Thanks for the reply and for the information. Definitely sounds exactly like what is going on with my Town and Country. I will get at the wire harness in the sliding door and do some tracing with the Ohmmeter. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing that and glad the fix worked for you. I will give it a shot and report back on what I find out.

Thanks again!

QinteQ 11-24-2013 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MrSaratoga (Post 75149)
Hello! Thanks for the reply and for the information. Definitely sounds exactly like what is going on with my Town and Country. I will get at the wire harness in the sliding door and do some tracing with the Ohmmeter. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing that and glad the fix worked for you. I will give it a shot and report back on what I find out.

Thanks again!

- you may not even need a meter
- its usually an obvious and visible wire break
- just solder & sleeve
- if its an actuator there will be a VID here

Best of luck.