Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 T&C – O2 Sensor, Catalyst, EVAP not triggering

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Default 2006 T&C – O2 Sensor, Catalyst, EVAP not triggering

My 2006 T&C has 206,000 miles on it. New transmission at 198,000. I’m unable to get the noted components to trigger. Emissions testing comes up next month. I have reset systems with battery disconnect on several occasions and have driven around town. My most recent effort yielded 400 miles of travel including freeway driving, yet, the three components won’t trigger. My Check Engine Light is not illuminated. I was concerned that perhaps the Check Engine Light was not functioning so I disconnected my EGR connection and the dashboard lit up appropriately. I put the van up on floor jacks and ran Drive Cycle tests per Chrysler specifications. Specifically: #1) All Monitor Drive Trace, #2) Catalyst Monitor Drive Trace, #3) Evaporative System Monitor Drive Trace, #4) O2 Sensor Monitor Drive Trace and #5) O2 Sensor Heater Monitor Drive Trace. After each and every test completion I hooked up my OBD Scanner and, each time, none of the three components triggered. However, in each of the five test cases the same, following, condition existed. First, my headlights were not on, however my parking lights were on: near the end of each test completion with about 15-30 seconds to go, I saw a ‘blip’ on my dashboard. The dashboard light dimmed for just an instant and I was hopeful that what I was seeing was the appropriate component being triggered into an active state. However, none of the components activated as communicated to me by my OBD Scanner. I’m no mechanic. But it really appeared to me that the components were trying to trigger when I saw the blip on my dash. My forward logic was “well, if they are trying to trigger, but none of them are able to, I wonder if there is a fuse that might drive each of the three components and perhaps there is a burned fuse.” A little bit of investigation yielded not very promising results. I have pulled my BCM and IOD fuses overnight and will re-insert them tonight when I get home. Finally, the transmission was replaced about 6-months ago. Is there a connection that might have been missed in the re-assembly? I would appreciate any advice that could help me move forward. Thanks.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:03 PM

If no cel is on then there is no fault to detect or have been recorded. Component monitors as you describe can be tough ones to set, but in over 25 years of auto trade, I have never heard of drive cycle being able to be done STATIONARY. As all I have read and done have required forward speeds for specific speed and time duration. I know you are in the USA,
but what state? NY DMV even posts on their website how to do a drive cycle monitor "set".