Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2006 Town & Country 6 Cyl. 3.8 L - Instructions how to replace radiator ? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2006-town-country-6-cyl-3-8-l-instructions-how-replace-radiator-11383/)

chamuko1967 04-30-2010 01:45 PM

2006 Town & Country 6 Cyl. 3.8 L - Instructions how to replace radiator ?

I've got a 2006 Town & Country 6 Cyl. 3.8 L need to replace radiator; can anyone share any information, weblink, youtube videos, pdf. file, etc.. explaining the process of replacement ? It has a crack on it and leaking really bad. I googled it but found crappy weblinks with barely any good information on it...

Thanks
chamuko1967

CHRYSLER TECH 04-30-2010 08:18 PM

GAS ENGINES

Fig. 1 - A/C Condenser – 2.4L/3.3L/3.8L Engines
1 - A/C CONDENSER
2 - AUTO TRANS COOLER TAPPING BLOCK
3 - UPPER CONDENSER MOUNTING BRACKET (2)
4 - RADIATOR
5 - LOWER CONDENSER MOUNTING BRACKET (2)

1. Disconnect negative cable from battery.
2. Remove radiator upper crossmember support. (Refer to 23 - Body/Exterior/CROSSMEMBER, Radiator - Removal) .

WARNING: Do not remove the cylinder block plug or the radiator draincock with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.

3. Drain the cooling system. (Refer to 07 - Cooling - Standard Procedure)
4. Remove the radiator fans. (Refer to 07 - Cooling/Engine/FAN, Cooling - Removal)
5. Disconnect coolant reserve/recovery hose.
6. Remove vapor purge solenoid from mounting bracket.
7. Disconnect upper and lower hoses from the radiator.
8. Lift the A/C condenser straight up to disengage the lower A/C condenser mounting brackets from the radiator. Separate the condenser from the radiator by lifting upward to disengage from lower mounts. Allow the condenser to rest in front of radiator.
9. Radiator can now be lifted free from engine compartment. Care should be taken not to damage radiator cooling fins or water tubes during removal.

chamuko1967 04-30-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 36826)
GAS ENGINES

Fig. 1 - A/C Condenser – 2.4L/3.3L/3.8L Engines
1 - A/C CONDENSER
2 - AUTO TRANS COOLER TAPPING BLOCK
3 - UPPER CONDENSER MOUNTING BRACKET (2)
4 - RADIATOR
5 - LOWER CONDENSER MOUNTING BRACKET (2)

1. Disconnect negative cable from battery.
2. Remove radiator upper crossmember support. (Refer to 23 - Body/Exterior/CROSSMEMBER, Radiator - Removal) .

WARNING: Do not remove the cylinder block plug or the radiator draincock with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.

3. Drain the cooling system. (Refer to 07 - Cooling - Standard Procedure)
4. Remove the radiator fans. (Refer to 07 - Cooling/Engine/FAN, Cooling - Removal)
5. Disconnect coolant reserve/recovery hose.
6. Remove vapor purge solenoid from mounting bracket.
7. Disconnect upper and lower hoses from the radiator.
8. Lift the A/C condenser straight up to disengage the lower A/C condenser mounting brackets from the radiator. Separate the condenser from the radiator by lifting upward to disengage from lower mounts. Allow the condenser to rest in front of radiator.
9. Radiator can now be lifted free from engine compartment. Care should be taken not to damage radiator cooling fins or water tubes during removal.

Thanks for your answer...I can see in your explanation there are references to Figures & chapters (Refer to 07 -Cooling...), etc...anyway I can get these details (figures) ? I'm pretty green and "how to's for dummies" with figures should help me start rolling...

Thanks !!
chamuko1967

CHRYSLER TECH 05-01-2010 06:51 AM

dont worry about hot to drain the coolant it will come out when u remove the hoses
everything else is self explanatory

dcotter0579 05-03-2010 11:32 AM

Might want to buy one of these:

http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/116