Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2008 T&C Brake issue after 13K (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2008-t-c-brake-issue-after-13k-11727/)

bperkgolf 06-17-2010 08:41 PM

2008 T&C Brake issue after 13K

I'd like to know if others are having the same issue I am with replacing brakes after ONLY 13K miles. Brakes started squeaking at around 13K last year. They agreed to replace as a "courtesy" only after complaining up the chain. Now, just had to get brakes and rotors replaced at 27K. (14K from the "courtsey" brakes). Tech said "oh yeah, we get 'em all the time between 12-14K". It's odd that anyone gets over 20K. He seemed very non chalant about it. Said the standard "must be the way you are driving". Well if you get them "all the time", seems quite a lot of people drive the same way. It's absurd to think I'm going to need new brakes every year. Saw a blog with 100's of people with the same issue. Was surprised when I came here and saw nothing.

Merlin 06-18-2010 04:41 PM

there is a TSB for front brake pads but think this is for export only with better brake pads.

actd 06-18-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by bperkgolf (Post 38122)
I'd like to know if others are having the same issue I am with replacing brakes after ONLY 13K miles. Brakes started squeaking at around 13K last year. They agreed to replace as a "courtesy" only after complaining up the chain. Now, just had to get brakes and rotors replaced at 27K. (14K from the "courtsey" brakes). Tech said "oh yeah, we get 'em all the time between 12-14K". It's odd that anyone gets over 20K. He seemed very non chalant about it. Said the standard "must be the way you are driving". Well if you get them "all the time", seems quite a lot of people drive the same way. It's absurd to think I'm going to need new brakes every year. Saw a blog with 100's of people with the same issue. Was surprised when I came here and saw nothing.

Your tech sounds as if he could have been more tactful, but one question I'd ask is where do you do all of your driving - if it's all stop and start around London, then I would have thought it might be possible to go through brakes quickly (I used to ride a motorbike into London every day, and I used to go through rear brakes quite quickly - something I never did anywhere else) and if your dealer is in London, then he might be seeing a lot of drivers who are all driving in the same conditions. If, on the other hand, you are driving a lot out of town, then I'd expect them to last a lot longer.

I think twice about buying Chrysler brakes as I'm guessing they are very expensive. I paid about £120 for a full set of front and rear brake rotors and pads by shopping around, and cost me about another £50 to have the rear brakes fitted - fronts were easy to do myself.

singlebicyclist 09-13-2012 11:18 AM

some owners are reporting that ceramic brake pads help . I would suggest also drilled and slotted brake rotors to go with the very good brake pads