Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2011 Town & Country 3rd Row seat won't unstow (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2011-town-country-3rd-row-seat-wont-unstow-16514/)

ww4cash 01-04-2012 04:47 AM

2011 Town & Country 3rd Row seat won't unstow

Just bought this vehicle. The left seat was stowed, and the right (single seat) was up, but folded over (the seat back). Stowed it, so both 3rd row seats are now stowed. They are manual, not electric seats. Wanted to raise the right seat, using the strap, but it won't come up. Raised the Left seat, and it comes up fine. Best I can tell these are just hinged on the back and should just swing right up like the left one does. Can't imagine what is holding it back from coming up.

Tried unbolting the hinge from the body, but still will not come out. What am I doing wrong? 2011 Town & Country (middle model).

JohnnyK 01-04-2012 11:59 AM

Try pushing down on it first (or stand on it). It's possible it wasn't fully latched together when stowed, so pulling on the strap it's just lifting the bottom (seating part) and binding and not both the seating part and the backrest..

Worth a shot.

JK

ww4cash 01-04-2012 03:47 PM

2011 Town & Country 3rd Row seat won't un-stow

Turns out if you open the other 3rd row seat, and have someone pull on the strap of the stuck one, you can see the seat back on the stuck one jam against the rear of the seat well as it comes up. It wasn't latched, as the above poster suggests. Had it to the dealer, and watched as he tried to un-stow the seat with the other one already out of the seat well. I could see the seat back jamming against the rear of the seat well. Just put your hand under the seat back and lift it up as you pull the strap up and the seat will come out. I am sure I am not the only one that ever had that trouble with the manual seats. Now, at least, they can figure out the issue if they read these posts. Thanks johnnyk.

WCaldwell 08-19-2012 08:02 PM

Quick suggestion - when you stow these 3rd row seats, make sure that strap #4 is up between the cushion and the well. Then pull on this #4 strap and everything should lift normally.

71Navy93 12-10-2022 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyK (Post 57322)
Try pushing down on it first (or stand on it). It's possible it wasn't fully latched together when stowed, so pulling on the strap it's just lifting the bottom (seating part) and binding and not both the seating part and the backrest..

Worth a shot.

JK

Thank you JK! I was able to get 1 of my 3rd row "bucket" seats to unstow by kneeling on it. (2011 Chrysler Town & Country) I'm still "working" on the other one. NOTE: I've been having this problem for a long time. I just kept trying & trying until I finally got them unstowed before. Today seemed to be the hardest until I took your advice. Thanks again buddy! Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year! V/R John

71Navy93 12-10-2022 09:44 AM

Thanks Johnnyk,

From a previous post: I was able to get one side up but had difficulty with the other side. Then after reading your post: I just put my hand under the seat back and lifted it up as pulled the strap up and the other seat came out. I think I could have gotten it up even without using the strap this time; just by putting my hand under the seat back & lifting it up.

God bless! Merry Christmas & a very Happy & Blessed New Year!

V/R

John