Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2012 TC driving behaviour w/ ECON enabled. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2012-tc-driving-behaviour-w-econ-enabled-17280/)

rtracing 04-05-2012 05:54 PM

2012 TC driving behaviour w/ ECON enabled.

Hi All,

Just want to hear some feedback from owners of 2012 TC or older that has the ECON option.

What I'm noticing is that when I'm in this mode, I can feel a strong thug from the auto transmission. Isn't the new VVT transmission be smooth and you almost won't feel the shift? Is this normal? Did not want to ask the Dealer as I'm afraid they would just dismiss it and say it's normal... I really don't think so.

Thanks.

TNtech 04-05-2012 08:07 PM

Make a trip to the dealer and get your PCM software updated. It should include a TCM partition update with it. Some reading material here>>>
Customer Satisfaction Notification L-41
I'm reading there and hearing from many customers that the latest update we're doing is a bullseye. Just ignore the fact that the flash is for a recall concerning the O2 sensor. Software flashes, whatever module they may be for, always include some sort of enhancement or other things may be addressed by updating.

rtracing 04-08-2012 12:29 AM

So today I went to the dealer where I got my TC and true enough the thugging when shifting on econ mode "is normal and all TC owners reported the same issue". They say I should not step on the gas too hard but I don't normally slam on the throttle; I would gradually let the van pickup speed and would only be at 2000 rpm. Also that the system will learn itself and would know my driving style :confused: As I don't have enough info if this is true or not I did not argue any further.

Seems like I use up more fuel on econ mode than on regular mode :mad:. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

data174 04-13-2012 09:50 AM

I had my 2012 T&C updated today. The shifting is much better.
I will check mileage and see if any changes occurred.

TNtech 04-13-2012 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by data174 (Post 60983)
I had my 2012 T&C updated today. The shifting is much better.
I will check mileage and see if any changes occurred.

That's good news, thanks for the feedback.

data174 05-09-2012 09:22 PM

Update on the new program for the econ mode. The shifting still remains mutch better. The gas mileage has not changed. 20mpg city and 28mpg highway.

oldmansvan 05-16-2012 10:12 AM

Drove a 2011 for a wheel since my car is in a body shop. I have to say Econ mode is = lazy shift. The 6 speed tranny is too lazy and just want to stay in high gear (for better mpg). Over the weekend, we drove around some back road and I need to do a manual shift to keep the speed, pressing gas didn't work well.
I think not just T&C. Today, most 6 speeder have poor shift since all they want is to stay up high.

GuitarKidd 08-03-2012 08:16 AM

We just bought a 2011 with 14,000 miles and I noticed this same thing with the ECON "on". Should I have the dealer take a look at it and have the software updated as well? Is there a TSB number I can give them in regards to this?

data174 08-05-2012 07:00 PM

No TSB be has been issued on this update. They call it a Customer Satisfaction Notificattion L-41.