Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2014 T&C camera and compass not working (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2014-t-c-camera-compass-not-working-25058/)

tadpole84 09-20-2015 01:01 PM

2014 T&C camera and compass not working

Hi, I'm new here, but there seems to be a bunch of valuable information. Yesterday my wifes 2014 T&C had the compass on dash display quit working, just two dashes (--) and the camera stopped working also, screen is just black and says "check entire surroundings". I'm thinking (hoping) it may just be a fuse, I read on another forum that the same thing happened to another guy, however, I cannot find which fuse it may be in the diagram. anybody ever ran into this? thoughts? Not sure if this is a warranty item or not...

ChryslerCares 09-21-2015 03:26 PM

2014 T&C camera and compass not working

I was unable to find any relevant TSBs that would apply to this concern for your vehicle. Have you had it looked at by an FCA dealership yet? You might also want to try looking on the chrysler minivan forum. There are some very knowledgeable members within that community. The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club

tadpole84 09-21-2015 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares (Post 91626)
I was unable to find any relevant TSBs that would apply to this concern for your vehicle. Have you had it looked at by an FCA dealership yet? You might also want to try looking on the chrysler minivan forum. There are some very knowledgeable members within that community. The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club

Thanks for the response, I called and set up an appointment with a Chrysler dealer today, just didn't want to get shafted on the premium dealer fees… But unfortunately it is out of warranty on this item, I am at 39,000 miles. I did notice the other Chrysler minivan forum, and I have joined it as well. Thank you for the input

ChryslerCares 09-22-2015 08:29 AM

Keep us posted on what the dealership says! Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you.

tadpole84 09-23-2015 08:11 AM

well, after simply looking through the fuse panel under the hood, on the 2014 Model the M34 fuse (10a) was blown! it handles all of this: Park Assist, Heater Climate Control Module, Headlamp Wash, Compass, Rear Camera, Door Lamps, Flashlight, Relay Diesel Cabin Heater, Rad Fan Diesel – If Equipped. So, there was no 'extras' under the hood, and I didn't have any in my garage...popped the hood on my 2003 Highlander and it had extras, only issue is there wasn't a 10a, so I had to use a 15a, but it worked! Compass and camera is back to working, and the wife is happy! Hope this can help someone else out as this seems to be not so common. anybody think putting the 15A in will harm anything?? I thought it was kind of strange that a 10a would handle so many things and assumed maybe thats why it blew

Scooba97 01-06-2021 01:55 PM

It worked! Thanks! For some reason the 10 fuse kept blowing but the 15 didn't

[The 15 works thank you all

QUOTE=tadpole84;91642]well, after simply looking through the fuse panel under the hood, on the 2014 Model the M34 fuse (10a) was blown! it handles all of this: Park Assist, Heater Climate Control Module, Headlamp Wash, Compass, Rear Camera, Door Lamps, Flashlight, Relay Diesel Cabin Heater, Rad Fan Diesel – If Equipped. So, there was no 'extras' under the hood, and I didn't have any in my garage...popped the hood on my 2003 Highlander and it had extras, only issue is there wasn't a 10a, so I had to use a 15a, but it worked! Compass and camera is back to working, and the wife is happy! Hope this can help someone else out as this seems to be not so common. anybody think putting the 15A in will harm anything?? I thought it was kind of strange that a 10a would handle so many things and assumed maybe thats why it blew[/QUOTE]