Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   2015 T&C Misfire Cylinder 3 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/2015-t-c-misfire-cylinder-3-a-30845/)

Nd48463 06-17-2019 12:32 PM

2015 T&C Misfire Cylinder 3

I have a 2015 Town and Country with a misfire on cylinder 3, that I have been unsuccessful in fixing. It is the 3.6 liter. You can hear and feel it during Idle, but it seems fine at highway speeds. The vehicle has about 80,000 miles on it and has been well cared for. It is only showing the single code P0303, and no others.

What I have tried so far-

1- Seafoam, then a week later MMO.
2-Changed plugs (all looked like pretty normal wear, but changed anyway with oem)
3- New coil cylinder 3.
4- Swapped coils from a known good cylinder position
5- Inspected fuel injectors, tested, and swapped fuel injector from a know good cylinder location
6- Continuity check in wiring from injector to main connector and coil to main connector. Both checked good.
7- Compression tested @ about 160psi all cylinders.
7- Checked dealer powertrain warranty and unfortunately it is out of warranty so I am on my own now!!

Any suggestions, where to start? From what I read it sounds like a valve or lifter issue. When I swapped things around I could not get the misfire to move to another cylinder. You can definitely hear the miss when idling.

Needs some help before I take in to dealer.

Thanks!

-Nate

16 T&C 02-04-2020 03:52 PM

I realize this may be too late of a response. However, I have been through the same thing with my 2016 with 68,000 miles. I replaced plug, coil pack, checked compression, and checked injector. Turns out to be the infamous #2 cylinder head needs replaced ($2700). Apparently Chrysler has had a major issue with the left side cylinders for a while. I did contact Chrysler to see if they would offer any assistance for my repair. I got a big "NOPE". I have owned 5 mopar vehicles over the last 17 yrs and this is the thanks I get?!
To add insult to injury - when I first took my van to the dealer (a couple of months ago), they told me "bad gas" was the problem. They wanted to take my tank off and clean it out for $1000. What a joke!
Anyway, I hope this helps some people avoid some of the headaches I've been through.

ifpk 10-26-2020 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nd48463 (Post 110839)
I have a 2015 Town and Country with a misfire on cylinder 3, that I have been unsuccessful in fixing. It is the 3.6 liter. You can hear and feel it during Idle, but it seems fine at highway speeds. The vehicle has about 80,000 miles on it and has been well cared for. It is only showing the single code P0303, and no others.

2-Changed plugs (all looked like pretty normal wear, but changed anyway with oem)
3- New coil cylinder 3.
5- Inspected fuel injectors, tested, and swapped fuel injector from a know good cylinder location
6- Continuity check in wiring from injector to main connector and coil to main connector. Both checked good.
7- Checked dealer powertrain warranty and unfortunately it is out of warranty so I am on my own now!!

Any suggestions, where to start? From what I read it sounds like a valve or lifter issue. When I swapped things around I could not get the misfire to move to another cylinder. You can definitely hear the miss when idling.

Thanks!

-Nate

Did you ever get this fixed?

16 T&C 10-26-2020 06:03 PM

Misfire

Nate,
I ended up replacing left side cylinder heads. Chrysler paid for the part and I paid for the labor. I then sold the van immediately. Sorry that you are dealing with the same crap. Hopefully Chrysler will help you out a little with the expense. I had to be VERY persistent to get any assistance. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Nd 48463 (Post 110839)

3- New coil cylinder 3.

Thanks!

-Nate