Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.3 Voyager – Fan Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Default 3.3 Voyager – Fan Problem

Hi,

I have a small problem with my engine cooling after the AC compressor and/or AC Clutch gave in (no idea which one was first) earlier today – just two days for our vacation. Great timing of course. No time to wait for the new parts...

I first removed the AC compressor and that was... well dead beyond repair. I had to remove everything inside the compressor, to let it spin, and removed the plug to the AC Clutch (also broken) to make sure it won't engage when the AC buttons is pressed by one of the children, or me.

So the work around for the AC problem is in place – I will have to fix this AC problem after our vacation – but now the fans don't kick in as usual and thus the engine runs a little hotter (please note that we drive on LPG here, because that is more environmentally friendly, but the engine runs a lot hotter than your usual fuel).

I might have to insert a jumper wire into the pressure sensor, to fool the PCM since the AC is dead and thus that won't trigger the fans anymore. Or I might (temporarily) use the AC button, to manually start the fans when needed. Never done anything like this before... but for everything a first time they say.

Note: The wiring, fuses and fans, including the fan relay and temp sensor are all fine (just for the record).

Tips are welcome!

Last edited by Master Chief; 07-17-2009 at 03:03 AM.