Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Ac/heater (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/ac-heater-16697/)

kmcross1972 01-29-2012 10:15 AM

Ac/heater

I have a 2004 Chrysler town and country with Automatic Temperature Control. For the last year the A/C and heater were not working all the time. You would be driving and the A/C would work for different lengths of time then it would stop working and then come on again. Finally the unit stopped blowing all together. I read several post and got advice and was told to change the blower motor resistor. That was easy enough. I followed the directions and took the negative terminal off the battery, replaced the resistor behind the glove box hooked the battery back up and nothing. The unit still does not work on heat or A/C. Could it be the relay switch located in the fuse box? Don't know what to do please help anyone.

Raptor 07 01-29-2012 04:32 PM

Please stop posting the same post on multiple threads. It only confuses the issue for those who made the original post and those trying to answer. This stand alone thread is your best bet.

If you have and can use a multimeter you would not be throwing money down the drain throwing parts at it. $10 bucks at WalMart.

You paid around $50 for that part right? That was a blower motor controller not a blower resistor. Your automatic system uses a controller.

This could be caused by a blown fuse, an open wire, a bad relay, a bad panel switch or a toasted blower motor. Here's a few things you can try without a meter:
> Check the fuses.
> Swap the relay with another identical relay on the fuse panel. Just verify the part numbers are the same.
> Remove the relay and jumper pins #30 and 87 on the panel using a small length of wire or paper clip. The motor should spin right away. This would prove the motor and most of the wiring is good.
> Is the rear blower working?

WoundedEgo 02-20-2017 06:48 AM

Similar problem. Front blower, radio and power door locks all quit at the same time, suddenly. I suspect that it is because of melting snow shorting something out but really don't know. Is there a part common to these 3 things? Or a place where the wires travel near each other?

Dar'Tanyan 05-12-2017 09:44 AM

Hello,

I have a 2010 Town and Country, me and my wife was driving and when we turned the air condition on it worked great and blew cold air. After driving for awhile I noticed something while on the passenger side, I felt hot air coming from the passenger side where I was but the air back there was still blowing cold air. I checked the air condition controls as well as turn the system off, there still was this hot air any anyone have any information on what can be the problem please help.

WoundedEgo 05-12-2017 09:51 AM

Body Control Module

Mechanic said it was the Body Control Module.

Dar'Tanyan 05-12-2017 09:59 AM

Thank you WoundedEgo