Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Alarm control unit (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/alarm-control-unit-28558/)

yableep 11-29-2017 02:48 PM

Alarm control unit

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know the location of the alarm module?
Also does it needs to be reprogrammed or is it just a swap?

Thank you

Vonhofinvule 12-02-2017 11:37 AM

If you mean the siren/sounder unit it can be found under the left hand headlight and can usually be switched from one vehicle to another without reprogramming. Though disconnect your battery before unplugging your old one, if not this can set a fault in your BCM.

As far as I'm aware the rest of the system is controlled via the BCM which does require reprogramming if replaced.

yableep 12-02-2017 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vonhofinvule (Post 103315)
If you mean the siren/sounder unit it can be found under the left hand headlight and can usually be switched from one vehicle to another without reprogramming. Though disconnect your battery before unplugging your old one, if not this can set a fault in your BCM.

As far as I'm aware the rest of the system is controlled via the BCM which does require reprogramming if replaced.

Thanks for your answer.
So far as I know there are several different modules, 1 is the BCM, but also there is a control module for the alarm and immobiliser.
I already looked and can buy a replacement for about £60, just don't know where it is located, someone said it could be behind the steering wheel fairing or behind the cover of the drivers door.
It's a thatham Cat 1 alarm.

Vonhofinvule 12-03-2017 11:05 AM

I had a problem with mine a few years ago and tried to track down a replacement module, however, everything I saw advertised was in fact the radio receiver for the remotes, but they were advertised as alarm module. However the only reason I knew that was because mine had been replaced before I purchased my van and the old receiver had been left in the glovebox. This I believe is behind the steering cowl.

Finally the issue was tracked down to a faulty siren.

yableep 12-03-2017 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vonhofinvule (Post 103329)
I had a problem with mine a few years ago and tried to track down a replacement module, however, everything I saw advertised was in fact the radio receiver for the remotes, but they were advertised as alarm module. However the only reason I knew that was because mine had been replaced before I purchased my van and the old receiver had been left in the glovebox. This I believe is behind the steering cowl.

Finally the issue was tracked down to a faulty siren.

Interesting, someone said to me not too long ago that there might be an issue with the backup battery.
Do you know where the siren is located?
I know that the horn is under the passengers side front light, but I couldn't see the siren.
Thanks

Vonhofinvule 12-06-2017 10:14 AM

Hi, you have to remove the left hand headlight because its almost directly under it. Not sure about the backup battery. If I recall the siren is sealed but I could be mistaken as I didn't really look to closely.

yableep 12-06-2017 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Vonhofinvule (Post 103376)
Hi, you have to remove the left hand headlight because its almost directly under it. Not sure about the backup battery. If I recall the siren is sealed but I could be mistaken as I didn't really look to closely.

Thanks,
Will check it out, last time I took out the light unit, I couldn't see any siren under there.

Vonhofinvule 12-07-2017 11:39 AM

Found this, which may help.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.chr...9d2e09eb73.jpg

yableep 12-07-2017 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vonhofinvule (Post 103393)

Thanks, will have a look.