Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   car pulling to the left (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/car-pulling-left-9533/)

dryle 10-16-2009 02:36 AM

car pulling to the left

My wifes 06 voyager has been pulling to the left since we bought it june 2008, it had been back to the dealership to sort problem and they brought it to a 4 wheel alignment shop. Adjusted camber etc and still pulling to the left.

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem may be?

TIA

22chrysler 10-16-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by dryle (Post 31421)
My wifes 06 voyager has been pulling to the left since we bought it june 2008, it had been back to the dealership to sort problem and they brought it to a 4 wheel alignment shop. Adjusted camber etc and still pulling to the left.

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem may be?

TIA

brake drag, tire radial pull, is the driver heavy? not to offend but I aligned a chevy conversion van many years ago and it drove perfect. 2hrs later customer came back and said it pulled left. I checked my work and still perfect couldn't figure out complaint... until I finally saw the customer @ liek 400#. so I aligned it with him in it added a couple spring rubbers on the right front (like nascar). an hour later he came back threw me a $20 and said that I'm the only guy that came up with a solution to make things perfect. Assuming you went to a quality alignment shop, they would have checked all steering/suspension parts for any wear, including a-frame bushings

master tech 10-19-2009 11:12 PM

Your 06 voyager, does it have all wheel drive or 4 wheel disc brakes? You may want to cross rotate just the front tires and drive, or move the k-frame to adjust the caster. The camber/caster and toe on the rear spindle can be adjusted only if you have rear drums and front wheel drive.

22chrysler 10-20-2009 05:21 AM

caster adjustement on rear axle? never heard of that one.

master tech 10-20-2009 09:56 AM

Its called shims. I guess you haven't been long enough.

22chrysler 10-20-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by master tech (Post 31549)
Its called shims. I guess you haven't been long enough.

before you start flaming at me... You don't know my qualifications.

first, smart guy, explain how a solid rear axle can even have caster measurement much less adjustment. the shims ONLY adjust camber and toe. inorder to measure caster, you need to steer the wheels right and left. how do you steer a solid axle?

Im more than willing to listen to you if you will kindly explain how you accomplish this measurement

master tech 10-20-2009 03:21 PM

You know there is no caster adjustment with shims, I was thinking of the trust angle changes when the camber and toe when they are adjusted and cking the set back.But you know the van that is pulling to the left could have a bent axle.And the dealer had miss that when cking the alignment. So the alignment shop may not what they doing. Its hard to tell when you are on the internet trying to solve problems for other people. So I was being a smart guy towards you or anyone else. You'll right i don't know your qualification and you don't mine.

mathiaskt 12-16-2009 09:22 AM

Did you managed to resolve the problem? Got a 54 Voyager and from day one it has been pulling to the left. It is now annoying and would like to fix it.

Thanks,