Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Chrysler T/C Limited A/C Problem (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/chrysler-t-c-limited-c-problem-12062/)

jdmac 08-04-2010 07:57 AM

Chrysler T/C Limited A/C Problem

My 2001 T/C is blowing hot air out of the defrost only. It has the automatic temp control. I cannot switch from the defrost to the dash vents or to the floor vents. My freon is fine. Put the gauges on it and it is right on the money. The compressor is staying engaged for long periods as normal. I removed the dash pad and panels and there is no movement of any of the actuator motors. I removed the cabin air filter and I can feel cold air there. I am going to say that I am not switching from heat to cold because of the actuator motors not working? If anyone has run into this problem before I would appreciate some help. It would save me a lot of time in troubleshooting. Thanks

jdmac 08-04-2010 08:03 AM

Sorry, felt like I left some info out that might help. The temp control panel seems to act normally. When I put it in the recirculation mode the icon and you can hear that change happen at the blower. The a/c icon appears when in a/c mode. The temp will change on the display. Could it still be the temp control module. I know the temp control module initiates the action, but does it directly control the actuator motors. It seems as if there would be other components outside the temp control module such as relays or another voltage source.

jdmac 08-05-2010 07:51 AM

Hey Chrysler Tech! Help me out on this last problem with my 2001 t/c. I took my vom and checked voltage at the actuators and I have none. It is not getting any command to the three mounted on the side of the air exchange box in the middle of the firewall. Is the automatic temp control module my likely problem. Just wanted your opinion before I purchased one. Thanks, Dave

CHRYSLER TECH 08-05-2010 08:48 AM

there is a 13 way white connector behind the glove box make sure that is plugged in first if it is good no water or anything in there replace the ATC head

jdmac 08-05-2010 10:39 PM

Thsnks chrysler tech. Even after locating a ATC module, I just couldn't get comfortable that this was the problem. The ATC was actuating the recirculation door fine and everything else looked normal as far as the display goes. So before driving 70 miles to pick up the ATC module, I decided to snap the platic covers off of the 3 actuators on the left side of the vent door assembly. ALL 3 of the small motors inside the actuator assemblies were frozen up. I pulled the plastic worm gear off of each shaft and with a pair of pliers I turned them and freed them up. After that, a little WD40 and re-assembly, everything works perfectly now. It is blowing ice cold air and all of the vent doors are operating normally. I am sure I will still have a few minor problems here and there, but now I can re-assemble the interior and begin driving it. I should be able to work out the rest of the bugs that might show up. I am sure I will be looking you up again for some of these minor glitches. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Have a good one! Dave <><