Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Code Reader - UK (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/code-reader-uk-16932/)

QinteQ 02-26-2012 09:37 AM

Code Reader - UK

Apart from main-stealers who according to andyb2000 charge £90 per hour for [#19 andyb2000 ] initial diagnosis, does anyone know of any code reader short of a $2-3k Chrysler ® DRB-III that will read a 2005 CRD ?

- does a 2005 [EURO Wagon - Long Wheelbase (RG - 53 - H Series] even have a CAN-BUS ? in which case a StarSCAN will be needed

- is the 2005 CRD even ODB II compliant ? - I can't find an emissions plate stating it is !

I've tried an ETHOS & what I always considered the dogs~round~rolling ~things the Solus Pro, neither have the American or Asian upgrades and neither will get any useful info. I have just this very day had a Modus, which does do Asian American Ford / Chrysler etc, and I get """no stored codes""" !

So here's the question does anyone know which scanner will read a 2005 2.8 CRD ?, your / any / input is appreciated.

QinteQ 02-26-2012 01:28 PM

- update 01

I've just :

- taken the positive off the battery post
- patched the positive to the negative battery terminal / earth
- it will, I hope drain all capacitive [RAM] brains

If it manages to drain the ROM side, when I put it back together it won't know its a car let alone a Chrysler, in fact it won't even know if its a calculator or a camera.

Wish me luck .. .. I may need it .. .. in shedloads.

pestilance 02-26-2012 01:47 PM

reversing polarity can damage the ecu

QinteQ 02-26-2012 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by pestilance (Post 59206)
reversing polarity can damage the ecu

- now you have me worried pestilance
- I'm only draining power not reversing polarity

What do you know ?, tell me please pestilance ?

QinteQ 02-27-2012 01:36 PM

Only 'pestilance' replied, but 132 read the thread so, just in case someone can benefit - update 02

- did as stated in #2
- left on 'drain' for 23hrs
- nowt / nada / zilch, nothing different to pulling the IOD or NEG battery terminal for 5 minutes
- so - a waste of 23 hours, did nothing useful, but worth knowing it did no damage that I'm aware of .. .. .. yet !

I take it that no one knows which scanner will read a 2005 Eurospec 2.8 [CR]Diesel ?

So I'll start a new thread on my 2005 CRD loosing ABS & going into LIMP mode, in case any kind sole can enlighten me, I assume the issue is common to both petrol & diesel models.

I do understand that there are few CRD's and that my American cousins have very few [by%] diesels.

wheels 03-02-2012 08:13 AM

Hi I have a Autel MS509 maxiscan code reader and it works perfect on 99% of cars built 1999 or after upto the brand new voyagers, I brought it off ebay for £90, where in the uk are you? I am in Northampton

QinteQ 03-02-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by wheels (Post 59352)
Hi I have a Autel MS509 maxiscan code reader and it works perfect on 99% of cars built 1999 or after upto the brand new voyagers, I brought it off ebay for £90, where in the uk are you? I am in Northampton

HiYa wheels, I'm far too far north my mate. I was going to buy a 509 as a desperate last shot at getting codes, but without anyone stating for a fact that the 509 will read a 2005 Voyager CRD I decided not to bother.

Thank God someone on the forum has an actual 509 ! - have you actually used it to successfully read a CRD ? because I can't find an ODB Compliant Plate on the vehicle, and was coming to the conclusion that Chrysler don't certify diesels or at least their Euro-Diesel or the just block all ODB tools other than their own DRB III or StarSCAN.

Thanks for your help wheels, I was coming to the view that with the whole round world at the end of my mouse click .. .. I was on my own on this one.

woseekoei 03-03-2012 07:29 AM

Mr

Eash anyone out there i have a problem with my car radio it wants a code and i only have the Vin no of my vehicle available please help.

woseekoei 03-03-2012 07:36 AM

Eash anyone out there i have a problem with my car radio it wants a code and i only have the Vin no of my vehicle available please help.

wheels 03-04-2012 03:16 AM

Hi I have used my 509 on petrol and diesel voyagers, and many other cars, the only car I have found it does not work on is a 1997 toyota previa 2.4 petrol, because they use the old flash system