Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   error codes (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/error-codes-16910/)

sicinus 02-22-2012 10:38 AM

error codes

Hello,

My engine light recently came on, I have used the Key ignition and odemeter technique to obtain the codes from the computer, however I can't find an explaination of them!!! the codes are

This is exactly how they read on the odemeter, can anybody please help?

CHRYSLER TECH 02-22-2012 11:40 AM

go to some place and get the real codes from a scanner

sselander 02-22-2012 02:57 PM

These are the codes but they won't help you much.
This is where the professional scanners help.

100.1 ABS COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.2 BCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.3 EATX COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.4 FCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.5 ORC COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.6 SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
200.0 AIRBAG LED SHORT
200.1 AIRBAG LED OPEN
200.2 ABS LED SHORT
200.3 ABS LED OPEN
200.6 EL INVERTER TIME-OUT
200.7 EATX MISMATCH
400.0 EEPROM READ/WRITE FAILURE
400.1 IMPROPER POWER DOWN DETECTED

Raptor 07 02-22-2012 07:13 PM

Some can throw you curve but many Chrysler Corp minivans have the "key dance" option to read powertrain codes that look like PXXXX. Cycle the key from off to on (not start) within 5 seconds and leave it at "on". Codes should show up on the odometer. If that doesn't work, as stated, you'll need a scanner. AutoZone reads codes for free.

The codes you got are data bus codes you see when doing the instrument cluster self test. It appears you have communication problems on the bus. Are you seeing any symptoms beside the CE light? What's your model year?

sicinus 02-23-2012 02:39 AM

Thanks for those, the car is 2002 3.3 ltd with about 193,000 miles on the clock, I posted this because there seems to be a lag or pause before the car starts moving and it feels like its slipping or not working properly in the transmission, so I used the key method to try and get any error codes, the car is in France and the nearest Chrysler dealer is about 3hrs away, I dont know how to get the codes scanned here!

Is it a signal for something serious or can I still use the car?

sicinus 02-23-2012 02:42 AM

Thanks for those, the car is 2002 3.3 ltd with about 193,000 miles on the clock, I posted this because there seems to be a lag or pause before the car starts moving and it feels like its slipping or not working properly in the transmission, so I used the key method to try and get any error codes, the car is in France and the nearest Chrysler dealer is about 3hrs away, I dont know how to get the codes scanned here!

I recently changed all the spark plugs, changed the oil and found a split in an air intake tube, that I fixed, the car runs much smoother now than previously, but I did a MPG test and calculated that it is only doing about 12 mpg, which I seriously need to improve.

Is it a signal for something serious or can I still use the car?

Raptor 07 02-23-2012 03:22 AM

Amazon.com has code readers for as little as $20. Scanners for $40. I think they ship overseas. Check Ebay. Your slipping could be a bad sign of things to come. I would drop the fluid pan and change the fluid and filter for starters. While there you can look for any debris in the pan. Anything besides the usual fuzz on the magnets indicates you may need a rebuild or replacement soon. If it's clean just the new fluid and filter may help.

What really needs to be done is to have the Clutch Volume Index (CVI) numbers read with a transmission specific scanner at a dealer or well equipped shop. They can reveal worn clutches that can produce slipping. In your case your dealership is probably the only place capable of reading them.