Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Faulty speedo in 02 Grand Voyager. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/faulty-speedo-02-grand-voyager-16210/)

Evertb 11-17-2011 01:35 PM

Faulty speedo in 02 Grand Voyager.

The speedometer in my 2002 Grand Voyager suddenly stopped working yesterday and just stayed at 0. All other gauges seem to be working fine.
Want to determine if it could be something minor that I could fix myself before going to the dealer and handing over my first born.

Any tips?

Raptor 07 11-17-2011 02:16 PM

If you also have shifting problems consider changing the output speed sensor. Try an instrument cluster self test to determine if the speedo itself is good. Here's how:

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - SELF-DIAGNOSTICS
The instrument clusters are equipped with a self diagnostic test feature to help identify electronic problems. Prior to any test, perform the Self-Diagnostic Test. The self diagnostic system displays instrument cluster stored fault codes in the odometer display, sweeps the gauges to the calibration points, and bulb checks the warning indicators. When the key is in the ON position with the engine not running, the MIL will remain illuminated for regulatory purposes.

To activate the Self-Diagnostic program:
With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button.
Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until Sof and a number (software version number (i.e. Sof 3.2) appears in the odometer window then release the button. If a fault code is present, the cluster will display it in the odometer display. When all fault codes have been displayed, the cluster will display “end” in the odometer display. Refer to the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DTC'S table to determine what each trouble code means. INSTRUMENT CLUSTER DTC'S DTC DESCRIPTION
100.0 LOOP-BACK FAILURE
100.1 ABS COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.2 BCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.3 EATX COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.4 FCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.5 ORC COMMUNICATION FAULT
100.6 SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT
200.0 AIRBAG LED SHORT
200.1 AIRBAG LED OPEN
200.2 ABS LED SHORT
200.3 ABS LED OPEN
200.6 EL INVERTER TIME-OUT
200.7 EATX MISMATCH
400.0 EEPROM READ/WRITE FAILURE
400.1 IMPROPER POWER DOWN DETECTED

CALIBRATION TEST
The CLUSTER CALIBRATION table contains the proper calibration points for each gauge. If the gauge pointers are not calibrated, a problem exists in the cluster. If any gauge is out of calibration, replace the cluster.

CLUSTER CALIBRATION SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATION POINT
1 0 MPH (0 KM/H)
2 20 MPH (40 KM/H)
3 60 MPH (100 KM/H)
4 100 MPH (160 KM/H)

TACHOMETER
1 0 RPM
2 1000 RPM
3 3000 RPM
4 6000 RPM
FUEL GAUGE
1 EMPTY
2 1/4 FILLED
3 1/2 FILLED
4 FULL
TEMPERATURE GAUGE
1 COLD
2 1/4
3 3/4
4 HOT

ODOMETER SEGMENT TEST
If a segment in the odometer does not illuminate normally, a problem exists in the display.

ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION RANGE INDICATOR SEGMENT TEST
If a segment in the transmission range indicator does not illuminate normally, a problem exists in the display. __________________

Thanks to Master Tech at www.dodgeforum.com for posting

Evertb 11-17-2011 03:19 PM

Thanks, just ran the diagnostics and it didn't display any error codes.
However it seems to have reset something as the speedo has started functioning again....

Raptor 07 11-18-2011 02:04 AM

Maybe it just needed waking up. Good news.

fattylady 01-23-2012 05:23 PM

speedo stopped working

Well done
I had same problem and found out how to fix
You have to reset the speedo by pressing in the the button on the speedo and all the light light up on dash and resets itself. Just for future reference.

Raptor 07 01-23-2012 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by fattylady (Post 58051)
Well done
I had same problem and found out how to fix
You have to reset the speedo by pressing in the the button on the speedo and all the light light up on dash and resets itself. Just for future reference.

... as stated in the diagnostics procedure in the previous post.

strongarm9000 12-11-2012 08:31 AM

The speedometer in my 2002 Grand Voyager crd suddenly stopped working and just stayed at 0. All other gauges seem to be working fine.
I have 2 codes on my test; 100.5 orc communication fault, 100.4 fcm fault.

What dose FCM AND ORC Mean and how do i fix this problem, can any one help please.

Raptor 07 12-11-2012 02:04 PM

Raptor 07 12-11-2012 02:06 PM

Terry Doran 02-26-2014 09:16 AM

Hi sorry for jumping in 2 years later but I also have the same problem. Ive done the reset and got no error codes but it hasn't reset the speedo ( it's still not working) The rest of the instrument is working fine. Is it worth just replacing the cluster or do you think it could be donething more?