Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   front doors lock (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/front-doors-lock-2360/)

latreto 12-29-2006 08:14 AM

front doors lock

Hello,

I just want to know if there is any way to avoid front doors opening from the inside when the door lock is closed (down). I would like to block the door opening until the lock is up or off. Driver's door as well as passenger one can be opened without unlocking them (from the inside of course).

I found in the owners manual how to activate the automatic door locking once a certain speed is reached. I haven't read anything about disabling the door opening from the inside. Sliding doors cannot be opened until the lock is in the up position.

Happy new year to everybody

Regards

Rafael

CHRYSLER TECH 12-29-2006 01:37 PM

RE: front doors lock

on the sliding door in the rear where the latch is located there is a child lock with instructions. this will not allow them to open the door from the inside at all. U will haft to open it up from the outside with the locks unlocked

latreto 01-02-2007 10:08 AM

Thank You ChryslerTech, but I am interested in solving the issue in the front doors. Any suggestion?

Regards

Rafael

CHRYSLER TECH 01-02-2007 11:08 AM

i did give u a sugestion look at the post above did u check the child door lock?

latreto 01-03-2007 07:03 PM

Hello Chryslertech,

I have activated the child lock option. It works fine for both sliding doors, cant be opened from the inside.

No effect on front doors. Both front doors can be opened from the inside with the lock in the down position.
Am I doing something wrong?
Regards

Rafael

CHRYSLER TECH 01-03-2007 07:40 PM

the child lock is only for the sliding doors there is no such deal for the fronts. The only way u can get the front doors to be the way u want u will haft to take off the door panel and take the door link off so that u dont move the latch when u use the handle. Now with that in mind u will haft to put the window dodw each time u get out inorder to open the door. Second of all why on earth would u want to disable the inside of the door not to be opened ne way???

latreto 01-04-2007 01:44 PM

I think you misunderstood me. I do want to open the front doors from the inside, but I want them opened only if the door lock is in the upright position. If the door lock is in the down position (front door lock) I would like to force unlocking the door (putting the lock in the upright position)before the user can open it.
To make myself clearer, I do not want the front doors to behave like the sliding door once the child security lock is on.

Thank You for your patience

Rafael

webbch 01-04-2007 05:06 PM

Interpretation: "I want to be able to lock my kids in the van so they can't get out":D

CHRYSLER TECH 01-04-2007 09:09 PM

i have no idea what u really want to do here.if the front doors are locked they can be unlocked by either using the power door lock switch or just by using the door handle from the inside.They will unlock them self by just opening the door. I think I know what u might want..... U want the doors to stay locked untill u use the power door locks or the remote to unlock them for u correct? if thats the case then no there is not a way of setting that up to work like that.That is another car makers system not chryslers.

latreto 01-06-2007 11:29 AM

Thank You Chryslertech.

You are right, I was trying to avoid the possibility to open the front doorsusing the door handle from the inside if the door lock is in the closed position, forcing the user to use the power door lock to unlock the door first. My other cars behave this way.

Thank You again for your time and patience.

rafael