Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   headlites on while unlocking (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/headlites-while-unlocking-15822/)

rich67 09-16-2011 02:16 PM

headlites on while unlocking

2008 T&C, how do you keep headlites off when unlocking with remote?? thanks

TNtech 09-16-2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by rich67 (Post 54428)

There should be a menu option that can be edited with a scan tool. Call your dealer and ask. Things like horn chirp, auto headlamps timer, rolling door locks, etc.. can be changed also. Ask to go back to the tech's work area and let them step you through what can be changed. If they try and charge you tell them to go suck an egg. I'm not sitting at my work comp or I could tell you what all is on the menu for sure.

Comrade 09-17-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by rich67 (Post 54428)

There should be an option in the system setup on the panel on the dashboard. It's probably called 'Illuminated Approach' and will give you a choice of number of seconds for the lights to remain on. You just scroll through the times and set it to zero seconds.

The options read out on the digital panel on either the tach or the speedometer. I can't remember which it was on my 2010 but it's probably on the tachometer. For 2011 they have changed the dashboard a bit and the digital panel is between them.

You should be able to download the owners manual from the Chrysler web site, if you don't have it already.

ChryslerCares 09-19-2011 10:05 AM

rich67,

As noted on page 25 of the owner's manual:

Turn Off Flash Lights With Remote Key Lock — If Equipped
If desired, the Flash LightsWith Remote Key Lock feature can be turned on and off by performing the following procedure:
1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle.
2. Press the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter for five to ten seconds.
3. While the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter is pressed, (after five seconds) press the LOCK button. Release both buttons.

The Flash Lights with Remote Key Lock feature can be reactivated by repeating this procedure or by performing the procedure in Section Four of the owner's manual, “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features” on vehicles so equipped.

If you don't have access to a hard copy owner's manual, you can view, download and print Owner Manuals, Warranty Booklets, and Maintenance Schedules from recent model years by visiting the Chrysler site: My Chrysler: Chrysler Owners Service Manuals - Chrysler Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Convertibles, Crossovers

I hope that this is helpful.