Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Headrest Locking Pin/Clip - 3rd Row Question (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/headrest-locking-pin-clip-3rd-row-question-11932/)

t&c2006 07-18-2010 03:14 PM

Headrest Locking Pin/Clip - 3rd Row Question

For some reason, we have managed to lose the locking clip/pin that stabilizes the headrest in the up position. I was able to order replacements parts for the 2nd row (captain chairs) and the 3rd row (60/40 bench seat). The 2nd row replacements EASILY popped up to allow the new one to go in. However, the 3rd row replacement is baffling...it will not budge up. The parts guy did not know why they would be different in removal/replacement because it has been verified that the part is the same for both seats (captain/bench). Another told me we would have to pay for the labor to remove the seat and its cover to replace the same part - something about the captain chairs vs bench. Does anyone know why it would be necessary to pay an approximate of 1 hour labor to replace them when the two captains seats took all of about 2 minutes which would mainly be the time it took to open the sliding door and walk around the van.

Has anyone had any luck on replacing this part on their own without having any mechanical expertise? Or just pony up the money to have the dealership pull out the bench seat to replace the next time?

This is a Town & Country 2006 touring. Thanks!

actd 07-18-2010 04:39 PM

I gave up with the idea altogether when I was quoted £100 just for parts for a pair of clips.

t&c2006 07-18-2010 06:32 PM

The individual replacement part was about $8 each so that cost was no problem. I just can't understand what they could possibly have in that 3rd row of seats that causes it to have to be removed to be replaced with that little headrest anchor since the others just popped out.

Does anyone know if I pry it out will cause some harm to some of the other safety harness systems?

actd 07-20-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by t&c2006 (Post 38828)
The individual replacement part was about $8 each so that cost was no problem. I just can't understand what they could possibly have in that 3rd row of seats that causes it to have to be removed to be replaced with that little headrest anchor since the others just popped out.

Does anyone know if I pry it out will cause some harm to some of the other safety harness systems?

Can you do me a favour and give me a part number for those clips - I'd like to try again to see if I can get them cheaper over here.

Does the design of the new clip give any clue what could be holding the old ones in place?

MaddogSR20 07-20-2010 07:28 PM

I would like to know the part number of the locking clip as well. I need to replace three and the illustration is not very clear on the parts website.
Thank you

betteboop57 08-26-2013 09:16 AM

2008 headrest locking clip

I too need locking clips for my 2008 Town & Country. The dealer wants us to purchase the whole sleeve that goes into the seat and somehow take the back of the seat OFF to install.

Has anyone gotten the part # for the just the clip???
Thanks in advance!