Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   High beam, low beam reversed? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/high-beam-low-beam-reversed-13476/)

ajs42548 01-17-2011 09:14 PM

High beam, low beam reversed?

I have a 2005 T & C. When I put the headlights on, the beam ahead of the vehicle appears to be a high beam (the entire road is lit way in front of the vehicle)even though the little blue high beam indicator is off. If I flip the lever on the steering column, the little blue high beam indicator goes on but the beam in front of the car appears to be a low beam. Is this possible? Is this fixable without costing a bundle? Is it possible to just reverse the plugs on the bulbs i.e. put the plug on the high beam light on the low beam bulb and the low beam plug on the high beam bulb?
Thanks

Djinn-n-Tonic 01-17-2011 10:16 PM

Please delete

Djinn-n-Tonic 01-17-2011 10:20 PM

Were the head lamp plugs replaced......?????? Are You outside the United states?

ajs42548 01-17-2011 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic (Post 45090)
Were the head lamp plugs replaced......?????? Are You outside the United states?

I bought the van used. I don't know if the lamp plugs were replaced. I'm in New York. Everything else works great. I can drive at night with low beams but of course the little blue light will be on when I drive. Also, the high beam comes on when I put the headlights on. I would like to correct this of course. Thanks for any help you give me.

Djinn-n-Tonic 01-18-2011 06:57 PM

Ok....

The United states question was asked because there are two versions of these Vehicles. Domestic and Export....Which Can VARY GREATLY as to installed equipment. The European Models have TWO seperate bulbs...One for low, one for High, on either side.

Domestics use a single bulb, dual filament, to accomplish the same...So it is impossible to "Cross " the Plugs to achieve what you want.

I will try to locate the "PIN" diagram for your Headlight connectors.
For the moment , I will assume that somewhere along the line, someone replaced them, and matched the color coded wires, instead of Connector pin location.......The aftermarket connectors arent always accurate as to colors, and it is very easy to mess it up.

ajs42548 01-19-2011 01:10 PM

Thanks. I appreciate this.

Djinn-n-Tonic 01-19-2011 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right headlamp (town and country) - green 3 way cav circuit function
1 l44 16wt/tn right low beam driver
2 z344 16bk/tn ground
3 l34 16wt/gy right high beam driver

left headlamp (town and country) - green 3 way cav circuit function
1 l43 18wt/db left low beam driver
2 z343 18bk/lg ground
3 l33 18wt/lg left high beam driver