Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   I need help!!! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/i-need-help-2219/)

m.squiers1984 11-21-2006 10:08 PM

I need help!!!

I have a 2003 Voyager and a few things are going wrong. When I hit even the slighest bump I hear a clunking noise in the front. My heater and A/C only work on high, and I cant figure out which brake pads I need for the front. I called a few auto parts stores for the front brake pads and I got the wrong ones, they look totally different than the ones that are on there now. I have a 4 cyl. without ABS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?????????[:@]

webbee 11-22-2006 04:36 AM

RE: I need help!!!

Can't say about the brake pads. The clunk is either the sway bar ends or the bushings. The heater/ac blower resistor is shot. Replace and it will work fine.

Prost264 02-28-2007 03:54 PM

I am having the same problem in my Town & Country. When going over the slightest bump I get clunking from the front end. Its been to the shop a few times and no one can figure it out.

CHRYSLER TECH 02-28-2007 06:16 PM

sway bar links and bushings are the main deals on new TnC

latreto 03-01-2007 03:42 PM

hello

I think I have the same problem ...... Is it the stabilizer bar or the bushing that fix it to the car?

regards

Rafael

CHRYSLER TECH 03-01-2007 06:03 PM

if its the same noise that i heard all the time yep

Prost264 03-03-2007 10:54 PM

Bushings ordered the other day, looking forward to no more clunking at every bump.

Prost264 03-25-2007 09:39 PM

I put the new bushings on and now its good as new, thanks guys.

jeff1960 12-15-2007 12:00 AM

Here's my story:
2003 T & C. Front blower goes directly to highas soon as I start the van.Stays constant on higheven when I turn off the system.Took to dealer and told me the blower needs replacing. Headded thatthe blower is damaging the "blower resister" I found out later it'snot a resister but a "control module")and BOTH need replacing. Told me it would take 5-6 hours because he had to remove the entire dash in order to remove the blower.
I declined the $1,060.00 (yes....one thousand sixty dollars) charge to repair it
I bought a "Haynes" manual. It took me 5 minutes to remove the "resister" (which actually turned out to be a "control module") and1 hour to remove theblower. After reading numerous posts tonight, I'm going to re-install the blowerand put in a new module. I guess they think my last vehicle was a turnip wagon. (Shame is, I paid them $100.00 to diagnose the problem)
As far as the "clunk"......it's the front sway bar bushings. I had a 2000 Grand Caravan, friend had a 99....both were fixed with new bushing. (I did it for 5% costof what the dealer wanted plus my labor)