Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   i wanna fix my 01 chrysler voyager horn and need help.... (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/i-wanna-fix-my-01-chrysler-voyager-horn-need-help-9293/)

jaybx77 09-22-2009 08:56 PM

i wanna fix my 01 chrysler voyager horn and need help....

i wanna fix the horn but dont know how the previous owner put in an temp horn with a cable and a button the ex-owner said that maybe is a spring.... but i wanna use the original horn can sumone help plz:confused:

glowplug 09-23-2009 02:23 AM

sounds like your clockspring is broken. Does the airbag light stay on or not come on at all?

AdamCC 09-24-2009 04:19 AM

If it is the old shape 1996-2001 model then more than likely its the clockspring, the previous owner to my car did the same thing and fitted a horn rigged up through the relay to the horn direct so it would pass the MOT. If your Cruise Control and Light for the Airbag is on as well then its def. the clockspring (usually all fail together). Call Chrysler and they will fix it for nothing as it is a warranty recall. You may find there are other outstanding recalls if this has not been replaced already. Only problem you may find that if it is the newer shape (Bonnet Badge with wings) then it is not covered and they will charge you. Go on the net and type in "recalls Chrysler Voyager" and you will find many sites that tell you what is recalled for your car.

Also I have seen that many people on this forum have fixed it themselves and they offer a step by step guide as well as contacts to get the parts.
Hope this helps.

Adam

22chrysler 09-24-2009 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by AdamCC (Post 30752)
If it is the old shape 1996-2001 model then more than likely its the clockspring, the previous owner to my car did the same thing and fitted a horn rigged up through the relay to the horn direct so it would pass the MOT. If your Cruise Control and Light for the Airbag is on as well then its def. the clockspring (usually all fail together). Call Chrysler and they will fix it for nothing as it is a warranty recall. You may find there are other outstanding recalls if this has not been replaced already. Only problem you may find that if it is the newer shape (Bonnet Badge with wings) then it is not covered and they will charge you. Go on the net and type in "recalls Chrysler Voyager" and you will find many sites that tell you what is recalled for your car.

Also I have seen that many people on this forum have fixed it themselves and they offer a step by step guide as well as contacts to get the parts.
Hope this helps.

Adam

1996-2000 (gen3)was the clock spring recall issue. 01 (gen 4) does not have the recall and have a different design... however that doesn't mean the persons problem isn't the clockspring. Using rational and pragmatic problem solving skill can determine the cause of this issue. a wiring diagram and Factory Service Manual along with a DVOM (multi meter) would greatly help the diagnostic process.

jaybx77 09-24-2009 07:16 PM

yes my airbag light is on and my voyager doesnt have cruise control...is the clockspring easy to fix or i should have a mechanic do it?....

22chrysler 09-24-2009 07:45 PM

depends on your mechanical aptitude. you need to follow all safety precautions because the airbag had a massive explosive charge. Screw up and you could die or get seriously injured (a mechanic friend ended up with a shattered cheek bone when working on an airbag.)