Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   If anyone needs help in Surrey UK (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/if-anyone-needs-help-surrey-uk-8965/)

Scruffy 08-03-2009 03:42 AM

If anyone needs help in Surrey UK

Should anyone require help with Voyagers then I'm your man. I am in Guildford, Surrey.

Most importantly I have a fix for the common intermittent starting problems where the immobiliser does not let your start the engine and the instruments go dead.

pete@co.uk 08-03-2009 05:05 PM

hi scruffy

well i do have another problem with my voyager it keeps on hesitating as im going along when i put my foot down it goes normal, it sometimes cuts out completly when i pull away. but the tickover is normal without any problem its a shame as it spoils an otherwise nice drive.

i must add the car has been standing quite a long time at the garage before i brought it. i contacted the dealer were i brought it and they just said run it around a while and put some fuel injector cleaner in the petrol something i havent done yet the car is a 98 2 litre le model

any ideas on this

pete..................................

Scruffy 08-04-2009 01:34 AM

Not sure without seeing the car - try fuel injection cleaner but I doubt if it will work. Could be fuel pump. Does it cut out when reving at a standstill or only under load?

pete@co.uk 08-04-2009 02:20 AM

Hi Scruffy

Thanks for getting back it ticks over fine and revs up ok at stand still it mainly just judders occasionaly when accelerating and sometimes cuts out when cold on pulling away, i have the feeling there could be an air leak somewhere or a maf sensor problem what do you think.

cheers

Pete.......................................

Merlin 08-04-2009 05:13 PM

The 2.0 never has much power but from what you are describing sounds more like a miss fire and needs plugs and leads that they do suffer from.

pete@co.uk 08-05-2009 03:05 AM

hi Merlin and scruffy

i hope your right Merlin I'm taking the car to a garage were someone there knows all about this type of car and he,s actually owned a couple of them ill let you know how things go,

but you are right it does seem very under powered i wish i had brought a diesel instead now as i believe they would have more torque.

all the very best

pete.............................................

Paul68 08-05-2009 03:45 AM

When we got our 197,000 mile 2.0 it had an occasional hesitation when cold and kept stalling on the overrun when cold. I cleaned as much of the throttle body as I could get to as it was gunked up with oil from the engine/crankcase breather which cured the hesitation for about 6 months, but its starting to come back.
I meant to get the Idle Air Control motor out of the manifold and clean it too, but couldn't figure out a way of getting it out without removing the throttle body and by the time a new gasket was ordered in, the moment had passed!

Any idea if you can get the IAC motor out without taking the throttle body off?

Paul

Mike213735 08-05-2009 02:34 PM

Scruffy,

You're not a million miles from me....perhaps we should meet up sometime :)

Mike

pete@co.uk 08-05-2009 06:36 PM

hi all
had the car checked today and it appears theres a hole in the catalyst thats been bodged up and a crack in the exhaust manifold which im told is causing the bad running,

i dont know how the car passed its mot 2 weeks ago before i brought it. The dealer i brought the car from is willing to repair the manifold and still maintains the cat is ok even though there,s a hole in it and bodged up with gun gum

im not happy with the situation at all i really want my money back at first he did offer me but then the log book has been sent to the dvla he said for that reason alone i couldent have the money back and that he would repair not to mention the dealer is 20 miles from were i live and ive been back there today and have to go over there agian tomorrow to get the job done and even then he,s leaving the old cat on there :mad:

not a happy bunny

pete.....................................

Mike213735 08-06-2009 03:09 AM

I had an Omega and the exhaust manifold gasket was blowing on that.

When we replaced it, the car drove completely different and that was just a slight blow when cold!

Mike