Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

keyless fob programming

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Default keyless fob programming

Hi,
I have a 2007 Chrysler voyager and want to programm a spare keyless fob.
It's a five button one, but no panic button.
Anybody has the sequence codes?
Thanks

Old 01-22-2018, 10:26 AM

FOB can not be duplicated / married even with a [panic] sixth button FOB, without a decent diagnostic scanner capable of writing code. Then goto the techauthority pay your subscription, get what you want and programme away, or just pay a local who does automotive key-coding to do it for you.

QinteQ, on 15 May 2016 - 10:49 PM, said:

No EURO FOB has a sixth button. Look at your existing FOB already has the 6th microswitch & membrane, it just does not have the 6th raised rubber button called 'panic'. Most 'suto-locksmiths will have a ready supply of stocks for this stuff, whether they go much farther back than a decade I've no idea.

Chrysler and Dodge vehicles from the 2005 timeframe use a keyless entry system developed originally for the Mercedes brand. The system actually implements the driver convenience and safety functions, an immobilization function designed to prevent vehicle theft, and sets the alarm state off and on. Different buttons on the EURO FOB variously :

- lock and unlock all doors on the vehicle, or drivers door only
- one [not in the UK or Europe] is a panic button that can be pushed to sound an alarm
- one is power lift [boot] gate
- one each for both left & right motorised sliding doors

What the panic button does is allow a user to program up to 4 different transmitters, in order to do this the panic button needs to be used.

How the earlier than 2004 LOGIC behaves I've no idea !

Some several years ago I bought a 6 button case & blade as an experiment on the 'panic' button programming. His Chrysler stuff is here. The pcb from our standard 5 button fob has the 6 button internals which are complete and do fit ok.

The problem I had was that there is an internal [Cellophane like] 'conductive tracked membrane' for all 6 micro switches which corresponds to the 6th button which I can't seem get hold of in the UK. In conclusion the 6th button is on our fob's, the 6 button key can be bought for £4 above, the 'tracked membrane on our UK version is missing the track that connects the existing 6th micro-switch.

The 'locked' [to Chrysler] ID46 transponder chips are widely available, don't make the mistake of buying the commonly available peugeot one - they may be [locked] different. Regarding the 6 button FOB's, like yourself I have never managed to find one in the UK. I did find the 6 button Blank Blade Remote Key Case shells here in the UK. Your PCB will go straight into the FOB and the panic button will be in the correct place directly over the micro button but will still not work. What's missing is the etched (1) conductive membrane that goes between the (2) PCB and the (3) FOB shell to translate the KEYPRESS.

In short unless you can get the conductive membrane that goes between the PCB and the FOB shell you still cant make a keypress. The combination key & FOB with the 6th button can be had from America such as this one here.

- I know that the existing UK FOB has all the 6 button microswitches, but only a 5 conductive tracked membrane
- I make the assumption that any 6 button FOB or keyFOB [remote head key] shell is just that a shell
- you can transfer the internals along with the 6 microswitched PCB a from 5 to 6 button FOB but only 5 buttons will work

What I have always assumed will work [forget the grey transponder key for the minute] is get a second hand complete with conductive tracked membrane fob from America ebay, then transfer your existing 6 button EURO PCB into the 6 button panic fob complete with its conductive tracked membrane and you have a working and programmable 6 button FOB. If you take apart your existing 5 button UK or EURO FOB you will find you have a complete 6 microswitched PCB with only 5 'traced' conductive tracked membrane. Programming is here.

The '6 conductive tracked membrane' I mentioned along with the corresponding rubber buttons can be seen here. The membrane on its own is here. Here's a different shaped one for a Jeep. All Chrysler remotes 2/3/4/5/6 Button FCC ID:OHT692427AA work on 315mhz. Other 'panic button' related FOBS are here.

NOTE : SomeChinese sites calls it a plastic sheet, you can see the conductive tracking between the microswitch nodes.

- if the cars brain has been programmed with a country code - and it has !
- then the 'disallowed' customer preference can not be re-programmed from the FOB
- so telling the alarm to 'bleep' or seatbelt to 'chime' is only allowed if its allowable under the country code
- the country code can be re-set to any on of the 11 [I think] anytime, but you need a capable scanner to do that

Take for one example the 'beep on lock & unlock', this used to be a standard default in the UK and 99.9% of vehicles had it. At some point in the distant past the Euro government invented a law banning alarm beeps [noise pollution] on activation and de activation of the alarm feature on European imported vehicles, my understanding of the current laws is that the arm and disarm indication beeps is strictly forbidden in all EU countries.

What you would need to do is find out which countries did [for your car build year software version] allow 'beep on lock & unlock' and change the country code to that country, so for example if the US did allow 'beep on lock & unlock' you would use a capable scanner to change the country code to US then change the US miles to kilometres on the overhead display preferences. Your first question is - is it really worth all that trouble. Most indi garages here will do this change country protocol for £30UKP, ask your local indi's what they charge, tell them first its in the BCM section of the scanner, then under customer preferences.

Best of luck my friend. Hope this helps your understanding.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:00 AM

Hi Quinteq,
Thanks again for your reply. Just found your post from another link.
As there is no more Chrysler support in the Uk, I will have to order a 6 button case from US amazon and swap the chip.

Also I would like to update on my battery issue.
After I replaced mine with a varta E38, I have no more issues ,even with short journeys.
Appreciate your input

Old 01-23-2018, 08:43 AM

Good battery at 75/750 and a lot cheaper than the Bosch equivalent 'silver' S5 [years warranty]. Best of luck.