Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   lack of answers.... (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/lack-answers-2257/)

latreto 12-02-2006 11:15 PM

lack of answers....

HELLO,

Something that called my attention is the lack of answers on each post. Too many readings but few or none answers. I personally post a question regarding the T & C, it has been read 22 times but nobody bothers to cooperate with an answer.

Rafael

christine01 12-04-2006 10:51 AM

RE: lack of answers....

The answer to your queston is yes.

Sorry, couldn't resit.

tmp03tnc 12-04-2006 12:15 PM

I agree with that observation. I also subscribe to a Nissan forum, my other car, and there are usually lots of replies to questions and problems. I think one explanation would be that this vehicle is one that not alot of "do-it -yourselfers" would own and work on, therefore there isn't alot of experience out there. This is usually a more expensive. family vehicle which the owners would rather just take it in to get fixed than to spend the time and resources working on it themselves. My Nissan, on the other hand is one that people do alot of modifying to make look/run better so you get more people with all that experience. Just one train of thought..... I have seen a "forum" where a mechanic takes on peoples questions/issues. That one seemed pretty informative.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-13-2006 03:46 AM

Sorry for the no responces u guys get but i am a busy man here in ATL I would be glad to help if u ask me on this post what the prob is sence i dont have all the time in the world to go through every post on this site hehe. I am a rare breed on a tech where i like to help people out when i can but also like to be thrown a bone once in awhile as well. ake side jobs and such. Let me know
Kevin

latreto 12-13-2006 02:56 PM

Hello Kevin,

it is not a criticism to your sprecific contribution, it is a critic to the forum audience in general, myself included. I used to post opinions and or question at the astrovan forum (my former car) where you had a lot of answers to each post. Here it is difficult to get even one.

We all, heve a mission here. To nurture this forum and keep it alive. May be a lot of us do not have technical skills to provide.

Regards

Rafael

Critter7r 12-13-2006 06:26 PM

It's funny that the post talking about how nobody responds to posts is getting the most lively responses!! And in reference to the previous post, it's not so much about getting a technically correct or knowledgeable answer (although that certainly helps!) as it is about hearing from someone that has had a similar problem and what they had to do to fix it. It's discouraging to log on to the site and check your particular forum only to find that you are the last one that posted to that forum....2 days ago. How many members are on this site anyhow? Does anybody know? I see there's only 2 members online right now. Kinda disappointing.

Critter7r 12-14-2006 03:37 PM

Ok, I noticed the thing at the bottom that shows how many people are online and looking at the forum... the problem is thusly... there are only 6 members online right now and 393 guests. Well, GUESTS can't post replies to the threads, you can only post a reply if you're a MEMBER. With only 6 people online that can post replies, the pickings are going to be slim. We need to be getting people that visit to sign up so they can post replies.

Critter7r 12-14-2006 03:41 PM

P.S. I just ran across the graphic for the TOP 10 post'ers...#10 has 54 posts. Fifty-four. I'm also a member of the BMW Forum, and there are guys on there with 10's of thousands of posts. Our #1 post'er has 850. Kinda shows you which marque has more real enthusiasts, no?

webbch 12-14-2006 04:18 PM

Kinda shows you which marque has more real enthusiasts, no?
ENTHUSIASTS?? Are you joking???? The T&C is a friggin mini-van!! (most) people buy them as a family vehicle and/or to haul around groups of friends, not a status symbol or something to customize or pimp out (my opinion). Are there even aftermarket suppliers for a performance exhausts or any of the other odds and ends that other more "stylish" makes & models have?

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying a T&C (haven't yet), but only for a family vehicle and grocery getter that won't guzzle the gas as fast as a big SUV (not by much from what I gather though). Sure, it appears to be luxurious and extremely functional, but there ain't much "cool factor" associated with 'em. I have to chuckle at the thought of saying to my friends, "Check out my new Town & Country" :eek:

That said, this van (and all the others) seems to have a lot of problematic areas, so I would expect a few more posters. Perhaps a few flaming wars would bring out a few more folks :D

Chad

GRRRR, wish I could turn off those doggone automatic links. [:@]

Critter7r 12-14-2006 04:32 PM

Sorry, I realize that THIS particular thread is in the Town & Country section, but the Charger section is just as bad. And the graphic showing how many members and guests were online was for the WHOLE FORUM, not just the T&C section. (6 Members and 393 Guests, in case you forgot.) There are plenty of Chryslers that SHOULD have more enthusiastic post'ers, but still don't. And there are plenty of plain pedestrian BMW questions on the BMW Forum about leaking radiators and failed cam sensors, just like there are here. It's not all tuner and superchargers in the BMW Forum.