Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Locks, Doors, Dash not working (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/locks-doors-dash-not-working-10413/)

bluevolume 12-11-2009 01:33 PM

Locks, Doors, Dash not working

This is my first real post -- I'm hoping that you guys can shed some light on this strange problem!

I've had my 2005 T&C Touring for about 4 days. Today, parked the van, let the kids out, and hit the overhead button to close the right sliding door. The door only closed half-way and stopped. So I hit the button on the keyfob, and it did nothing. Actually, none of the buttons on the keyfob worked (couldn't even lock the doors).

I got back in the van and started it; glad that it still ran. But, the indicator on the dash for the tranny position was not lit up (the odo still was though).

I started fumbling through the manual and decided to check the fuses under the hood. It was too cold to mess with so I just put the cover back on and got back in the vehicle. Ta da! Everything was working again.

What's going on here? I'm still under my NYS lemon law warranty, so if this guy needs some work I need to figure it out soon.

Thanks!

mrfixit454 12-11-2009 02:58 PM

How good is the battery? If you just got the Van, I would have the batery load tested or just get a brand new one and be done with the guessing. You might be better off with a new battery as we see all sorts of weird things pop on on this vehicle when the battery is not up to par. You might have pulled the IOD use and reset one of the power modules. If your speedo and tach start clocking (sweeping) all the way over when you start the van, you might be in for a new battery. If you can determine that is an origainl battery, definitely replace it.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-11-2009 03:42 PM

more then likely a broken wire in the door harness u can pull apart the plastic cage around it and find out where the bend is and a broken wire.

bluevolume 12-11-2009 06:10 PM

My CEL was on after this episode, so I had a guy at Auto Zone scan it for me:

U0155
U110C
U0140

He had no reference for those codes, so I'm hoping someone here does. Thanks again!

mrfixit454 12-11-2009 11:18 PM

Honestly.. you can look this up..

error code U0155 points to "Lost communication with instrument panel cluster (IPC) control module"

U110C-NO FUEL LEVEL BUS MESSAGE

u0140 (Lost Communication With Body Control Module).

Did you have the Autozone guy check the battery? How are the connections at the battery? How are the grounds to the chassis etc.?

bluevolume 12-13-2009 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I went back and had them check the battery and it says its fine (490 amps) but the charge was low. I guess I'll just have to see if it happens again.

mrfixit454 12-14-2009 12:15 AM

Did they charge it for you then? Are you charging it? 490 is not much. There has been converstions on this and other forums that Chrysler puts too small a battery in the Vans and Pacificas... maybe others.

Again.. if the battery is a couple of years old, you might as well replace it and avoid all sorts of headaches.

bluevolume 12-14-2009 10:10 AM

It was reading 12.1 volts, and the guy said that if I drive it for a while it should charge it back up.

I'm not opposed to buying a new battery if thats what it needs. I doubt I'd be able to talk the dealer into doing it; i've already got a bunch of other things I'm going to take it back for (dreaded front-end clunk).

bluevolume 12-16-2009 10:01 AM

She's back at the dealer, and they are going to fix everything. ;) I'll post back with the outcome.