Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   no a/c driver side (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/no-c-driver-side-1881/)

dbenz 09-05-2006 12:33 AM

no a/c driver side

I have a 2001 town & country the ac out of the drivers side vent is not cool. had dealer check car they replaced the evaperator and drivers side worked again. about 30 day later the same thing started agian this time the dealer repaced a door moter everything worked fine. now about 30 days later again the drivers side is going out. any ideas? i never uderstude why they replaced the evaperator when part of the system was working ok? but i thought the door would fix it. any ideas would be apreciated.

PSXTECH 09-05-2006 12:19 PM

RE: no a/c driver side

Strange only failing on driver side. I would think it might be the doors which direct airflow not working correctly. I could be wrong, I have never pulled mine apart. Is the passenger side working properly? Is there air flow to the drivers side?

dbenz 09-05-2006 06:43 PM

the drivers side door has been replaced the last time they worked on it. What is strange is each time they work in the dash it fixes the problem for about 30 days then the ac out of the drivers side gets warmer and warmer copared to pass. side vents

dbenz 09-11-2006 11:38 PM

my wife picked up her van today. the dealer replaced the controler and another blend door they still could not get it to work. they said they could not do anything else with the van. they said they submitted a star? report to the factory for further assistance and would get back with us when they get a reply from the factory. what is a star report? is ther any way for me to track this report they gave my wife a report number. any help would be wonderfull.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-13-2006 11:19 PM

oo u are gonnna love me u have a crap ass dealer in your area or a crap ass tech that does not need to be working on chryslers.ok down and dirty loo at your condensor which in in front of your van infront of the radiator only need a flash light look at the passanger side lower half it will be wet. That wetness it freeon with the oil leaking out. The part is about 450 i think and labor to install it I do them all the time. Now for the explanation of why this will cause cold air out the passangerr and not driver side. As air enters the van through the cowl panel it will go through the heater core then through the evaporator as freeon is lost the evaporator can not remove the heat any more so u get hot out of one side and cold out of the other side.
Where do u live at?? I would be more then happy to Fix there crap for ya or if want make the dealer give u back money for there crap ass work and people that dont have any busness doing AC work.
Let me know if I am right or wrong with the leak
Kevin

Critter7r 12-14-2006 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

Now for the explanation of why this will cause cold air out the passangerr and not driver side. As air enters the van through the cowl panel it will go through the heater core then through the evaporator as freeon is lost the evaporator can not remove the heat any more so u get hot out of one side and cold out of the other side.

Kevin

This explanation makes no sense whatsoever.. the facts are all correct (i.e. air DOES enter through the cowl, it DOES go through the heater core and through the evaporator. As freon is lost, the evaporator CAN'T remove as much heat from (or cool down) the air being blown across it) but how those facts relate to making one side warmer than the other, I have no idea. (By the way, I'm not knocking the explanation, I just don't understand why it works that way.)

That being said...
I've been working with BMW for 15 years and for some reason, they do the same thing when they start to get low on freon (or R-134A these days), one side blows cool and the other blows warm. BMW engineers thought to make it the passenger side that starts to get warm first, however. So, I too would be looking for a leak in the A/C system.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-14-2006 11:30 PM

the T/C in question has duel air control so 1 motor for pass and 1 motor for driver side ne other questions???