Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Please help me identify this missing part (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/please-help-me-identify-missing-part-16483/)

Jez 01-01-2012 01:53 PM

Please help me identify this missing part

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I need your help with identifying a missing piece of the dashboard in my moms 2004 Chrysler Town and Country, I've looked through the FSM however I cannot seem to find any information regarding this peice that is missing.

Below are the photos to help identify the piece that is missing.

Attachment 1769

Attachment 1770

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

Happy new year everyone!
Jez

CHRYSLER TECH 01-01-2012 09:08 PM

it is an information center stuff like the check engine light is stored up there

Jez 01-01-2012 09:50 PM

I don't think this vehicle came with that feature, according to what my mom told me, originally it was just a plastic cover that was there, however that cover went missing.

TNtech 01-01-2012 10:19 PM

The Vehicle Information Center goes there....yes it's made of plastic. Somewhere in that hole will be a plug. I think it's blue and it might be stuffed behind the cluster. If one of those vans didn't come with one, there would be no hole or cover, just solid dash.

Jez 01-01-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech (Post 57227)
The Vehicle Information Center goes there....yes it's made of plastic. Somewhere in that hole will be a plug. I think it's blue and it might be stuffed behind the cluster. If one of those vans didn't come with one, there would be no hole or cover, just solid dash.

Thanks for the info, I looked to see if there was a "blue plug" however there is only one plug and that is directly connected to the instrument cluster.

I also looked throughout the van, and I somehow found broken plastic pieces which seemed to fit there, so i believe that these plastic pieces belonged to that "cover"

TNtech 01-02-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jez (Post 57229)
Thanks for the info, I looked to see if there was a "blue plug" however there is only one plug and that is directly connected to the instrument cluster.

I also looked throughout the van, and I somehow found broken plastic pieces which seemed to fit there, so i believe that these plastic pieces belonged to that "cover"

Yeah, I can see the clips are broken off of it in the pics. They're still stuck down in the dash. Post pics of the pieces if you can.

Jez 01-02-2012 11:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the parts that I found, I wish I was able to find more, but this was all I could find.

Top:

Attachment 1767

Bottom:

Attachment 1768

This was all I could find out of the vehicle.

Jez 01-06-2012 08:47 AM

Thanks everyone for all of the help, we found a solution while getting estimates on body repairs since an idiot hit us to closing this "gaping hole" up on the dash.

zygoma 03-13-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jez (Post 57380)
Thanks everyone for all of the help, we found a solution while getting estimates on body repairs since an idiot hit us to closing this "gaping hole" up on the dash.

Jez,
What most sane folks would view as a gaping hole just may seem to most ham operators like me as a huge "opportunity" to mount control heads and other distractions in convenient locations to see them...... i.e., "But honey, I *have* to fill the hole with something -- and this way I don't have to drill any holes in your dashboard!"
Ahhhhh....... one can dream.
Lemons vs. lemonade, I s'pose.....
;)
-- Zygoma --

QinteQ 03-13-2012 05:37 PM

Holy Batman Resurrection zygoma .. .. you are not answering a dead almost 6 month old post :D