Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Power Locking Problems (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/power-locking-problems-16655/)

Garry402 01-23-2012 06:50 AM

Power Locking Problems

Hiya Folks.
I own a Chrysler Voyager SE (1999) and I am having a nightmare with the power locks.
When I press the key fob the vehicle locks ok but after 30 seconds the locks "Clunk" as if locking again but the buttons on the doors stay down as if locked.
This keeps happening every 30 seconds or so.
I took it to my local garage who disengaged the rear tail door auto lock with the view of locking the 4 main doors on the key fob and the rear door with the key manually.
This has not solved the problem at all, it is still clunking.
PLEASE can anyone help me with this problem as it is driving me mad!!!!
I just want to be able to lock all the doors with the fob and not have this constant clunking.

Garry402 01-23-2012 12:00 PM

Greetings folks,
No answers to my lock problem.

I am begining to think that this problem is not only unheard of but also can not be fixed :(

Thanks for viewing my post friends

QinteQ 01-23-2012 01:55 PM

Gary,

I can't speak for your 1999, but I had an issue recently with a 2005 GV [ see post #2 here ]. I've no idea if your model even has a BCM or an IOD fuse but maybe in the absence of any better ideas being put forward try :

- disconnecting the battery for a few minutes or so
- then re-connect
- part 1 -then put the key in the ign [without starting the engine but with the ign turned on]
- part 2 -while the key is in the ign power lock and power unlock the doors from the fob

The idea basically is to erase any miscommunication between the remote keyfob and the car then re-establish the communication when locking and unlocking the doors whilst the key is in the ign and recognised by the car.

Also - found this for your year on Google I have no idea if it works :

1997 to 2003 Caravan Programming Instructions

Press the "Lock" button on the functioning keyless remote five times, with a two-second interval between each press.

Insert your key into the ignition; turn it to position "3" (Run), without starting the engine. Leave the key in the position until the warning chime stops beeping. This will take a minute or two.

Press and hold "Unlock" on the functioning remote for about five seconds, and then press and hold "Panic" as you continue to hold "Unlock" for about one second; release both buttons. After a few seconds, you will hear a chime.

Press and release "Lock" and "Unlock" simultaneously on the functional remote, and then press and release "Unlock" by itself.

Press and release "Lock" and "Unlock" simultaneously on the remote you want to program, and then press and release "Unlock" by itself.

Turn the ignition to "Off" and remove the key to exit synchronization mode.

Raptor 07 01-23-2012 02:19 PM

All controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) mounted under the dash driver's side. As stated, disconnecting the negative battery cable 2-3 minutes will reset it. If that doesn't work you can disable the power locks by removing 9 amp PTC circuit breaker #3 on the junction block fuse panel under the dash. You'll then have to manually pull the lock knobs up and push them down.

No answer in 5 hours 10 minutes. Patience my friend, patience. Nightmare? There are many out there who would gladly trade theirs for yours.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-23-2012 03:01 PM

They were on the right track with the key cyl issue but I would go from the front driver side it is used the most out of any of them unplug it see then .

Garry402 01-25-2012 01:11 PM

Many thanks for the help and advice folks.

I will try all the above suggestions and let you know what happens.

Garry402 01-26-2012 04:59 AM

Gentlemen:

I have tried the above suggestions but still the problem is remaining.

Raptor wrote: - If that doesn't work you can disable the power locks by removing 9 amp PTC circuit breaker #3 on the junction block fuse panel under the dash.

Can somebody please explain just where this is located??

Just for information this is a right hand drive vehicle.

Garry402 01-26-2012 06:08 AM

:( That did not work either :(:(

Garry402 01-26-2012 06:12 AM

Is there a way of disarming the central locking totaly so I can just use the key??