Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   power sliding door problem (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/power-sliding-door-problem-2612/)

cajunlady2 02-18-2007 08:44 PM

power sliding door problem

The power operated sliding doors on my 2002 Town and Country limited are not operating properly. When I press the button on the remote to open either of the doors or the rear hatch I can the hear the electric lock unlocking and the door comes adjar but the electric motor does not slide it back. When I actuate the remote to open the hatch the electric lock unlocks it but the hatch does not raise. I have also noticed that the driver side sliding door is very difficult to operate manually. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who is familiar with this problem. This problem first showed up several months ago but only occured when the weather was cold; now it happens constantly. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has also experienced this. Thank you.

CHRYSLER TECH 02-19-2007 11:05 AM

RE: power sliding door problem

depends on what the codes are for each door to which has to be done to repair the problem.
There can be a few known peoblems

toubis 02-25-2007 12:20 PM

I have a similar problem with the passanger side sliding door, and the rear power hatch. I noticed when it is cold out side it wont open with the key fob or the button on the Overhead console. The funny thing is that if i drive the car for about 10 minutes with the heat on in the back, the side door works.

CHRYSLER TECH 02-25-2007 03:51 PM

the rear hatch wont open at extream cold or hot temps. They have a build it sensor that if its to cold the shocks wont hold up the hatch and if to hot they open to fast. The sliding doors dont have the shocks. As b4 have some oen AKA a dealer check the codes and they can tell u if it needs a latch ,motor,computer or so on.

toubis 02-26-2007 04:15 PM

I heard thet the rear hatch wont open in very cold weather... but regarding the sliding door, how do i get the codes? Is it a reader? or can i get it from the speedo display?
Thanks

CHRYSLER TECH 02-26-2007 06:12 PM

no and no only a DRB3 will read the codes and if u want one they will run 5k new ebay oo 2 -3k each

ace 03-06-2007 01:48 AM

The wire tracks on those can get debris in them and jam up i dont know of a way you can clean them though.The wire track is kinda like a chain that allows the wires to travel back and forth without getting jammed when the plastic chain get damaged the door gets jammed and the door disengages from the auto open or close feature.( FOR SAFTEY)Could also be the motor and drive cable like stated b4 it kinda needs to get checked out. Did they all stop at the same time? Kinda strange but i guess it could happen.

pittstategorilla97 09-24-2007 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

the rear hatch wont open at extream cold or hot temps. They have a build it sensor that if its to cold the shocks wont hold up the hatch and if to hot they open to fast. The sliding doors dont have the shocks. As b4 have some oen AKA a dealer check the codes and they can tell u if it needs a latch ,motor,computer or so on.
What is considered extreme temps? It's 95F here in Texas and my rear hatch will unlock and lock but will not open up by itself. I have a 2002 T&C EX and have already repaired the driver side window and sliding door power locks.

CHRYSLER TECH 09-24-2007 11:18 PM

the owners manual will have that info and there is a software update for the rear hatch